9030t rx - RC Groups
Oct 12, 2017, 07:11 PM
Discussion

9030t rx

Having trouble binding my new 9030rx to my dx9,(not an close-up issue)inserting the bind plug,powering up the Rx light is flashing rapidly,turning dx9 on pushing the bind plug to the same time ,message from dx9 binding completed, Rx blinks slowly removing the bind plug ,turning Rx tx off and on no Rx led at all,no servo moves!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2017, 07:37 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Try powering the RX on with the bind button depressed, release button when the lights start flashing. Do this with the TX on, but not in bind mode.

Then put the DX9 in bind mode from the menu, wait for the bind complete message and for the light on the RX to go solid (slow blink is NOT bound)

Then power off the receiver, exit bind mode on the DX9 and power up the receiver normally.
Oct 12, 2017, 10:26 PM
Thanks,worked one time ,after everything was set up properly I shut Rx and tx off after pulling the bind plug,2hrs later I turned both on,well the tx worked but the Rx didn't, also when I tried to power up with the esc in the throttle position nothing works (plugging the same setup into my lemon Rx every thing is fine and works, so what is wrong with the spectrum rx,this is the second one i bought which gives me problems (the first one a 7channel with as x did not even power up (my Hobby shop tried it and it failed) I bought another spektrum rx 9ch Tele as I will return it unopened,it will probably do the same,I do have 6 lemon Rx and Non where any trouble,besides spektrum Rx are very hard to push in those plugs!I'm frustrated!
Oct 13, 2017, 09:08 AM
Do you have the remote receiver attached? If not, that's the problem. The AR9030T requires the remote receiver to be functioning for it to work.

Andy
Oct 13, 2017, 10:06 AM
yes, remote is attached,is this AR 9030T still on the recall list?(said so online) got this rx in exchange (new)for the AR7350 which did not bind at all( i know the price difference but i wanted to try out a spektrum RX)I have made a :Fly board(cardboard RX controlled control surfaces )so i can check my programming and set up! Here is where the real problem starts: Nr 1 : AR9030T does not power up with the Hitech Heron ESC(ESC works with other brands RX)(even tried servo reverse!) powered up with a 6 volt battery plugged into Battery slot does not work,plugged right under battery plug(other row) RX will power up Nr 2: corresponding servos like flaps or others don't work on the RX labeling (checked channel assign on TX)this RX is not working,is it me or in general that spektrum rx are troublesome?I spent close to $ 300 on those receivers and i a m lets say feed up with them,nothing against my DX9 i really like the Performance,bought a DX6e before and had no trouble with it !
Oct 13, 2017, 10:39 AM
The AR9030T was not recalled. The PowerSafe was - this is not a PowerSafe. The recall had nothing to do with not connecting to a transmitter.

The remote receiver should be plugged into the B or R port. Can you send me a picture showing how you have the remote receiver connected?

Can you show me a picture of the Heron ESC plugged into the receiver?

Can you show me a picture of the 6V battery plugged in with it not working?

You don't use the rx labeling for functions unless you have no programming in the transmitter. Since a Heron needs a little programming, you need to look at the Monitor screen to see where to plug the servos in so things work properly.

Andy

PS - Could you do me a favor and use periods? And maybe paragraphs too? It's really hard to follow when there's no punctuation of any sort. Help me help you!
Oct 13, 2017, 11:09 AM
S.A.D. member
Sounds like you might be plugging the battery, ESC and servo connectors backwards. I sometimes do that when I switch between the AR7010 and AR7610 as they use opposite connector orientation so I have to pay extra attention with the AR7610 while the AR7010 pin orientation is intuitive to me.

Ivan
Oct 13, 2017, 11:19 AM
Andy will post pics when i am back from the elk hunt,ivanc negative pin is at the bottom .positive in the middle
Oct 13, 2017, 11:35 AM
S.A.D. member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsasteam
Andy will post pics when i am back from the elk hunt,ivanc negative pin is at the bottom .positive in the middle
That's what I thought - for the top connector row (ROW 1) negative has to be on top - towards the face with the BIND button. The bottom connector row (ROW 2) must have the negative at the bottom.

Ivan
Oct 13, 2017, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsasteam
No.

Negative pins go to the edges of the case, signal pins go against each other at the center.

Andy
Oct 16, 2017, 01:40 PM
Have to apologize, plugged in the power source the regular way.How do I know,there is no link in the supplied manual,even my local hobby shop thought the Rx is defect, after reading this post we figured it out!Thanks guys,Manfred
Oct 16, 2017, 02:44 PM
S.A.D. member
The beveled plug corners and matching shape of receiver cover are your friends in properly connecting servos, ESCs and batteries into the receiver.

For caseless receivers, if the receiver does not work as expected with the battery plugged in a specific way, try again by flipping over the connector.

Ivan
Oct 16, 2017, 04:01 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
<heresy>
This is where properly keyed servo connectors are a win
</heresy>

One day I will be able to get Spektrum RX's that take Futaba servo connectors...One Day....
Oct 16, 2017, 04:12 PM
Yes - As soon as Futaba adopts the Industry Standard!

Andy
Oct 16, 2017, 04:32 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Yes - As soon as Futaba adopts the Industry Standard!

Andy
Andy,

What industry standard? The standard is actually for the unkeyed 0.1" 1x3 connectors (these connectors are used everywhere in a variety of sizes across the electronics industry). Spektrum does NOT use the standard connectors.

Both the JR-style and Futaba J connectors are non-standard modifications of the standard 1x3 connectors (the JR with non-positive keying, the Futaba with positive keying). The Futaba J connector is a superior design due to being positively keyed.