Limited Control Surface Throws With the Taranis TX and the AR636A RX - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 12, 2017, 05:44 PM
Discussion

Limited Control Surface Throws With the Taranis TX and the AR636A RX

Being fairly new to RC flying I am attempting to set up my Mini Apprentice which uses the Spektrum AR636A RX with my Taranis Plus X9D TX using the iRangeX multi-protocol module. The TX binds fine to the RX, however, my control surface throws are all but non-existent. I set up a new model in the X9D using the default channels of AETR. They all function (move) but the control surface movement is extremely limited.

What might I be missing? I'm sure it's something simple I'm just not savvy to. Any guidance would be appreciated.....
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2017, 07:48 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
You're in panic mode, which limits throws. This is because you do not have your ch6 setup correctly. If you flip your channel 6 switch, things may start working (or may not, due to channel range mismatches

On the output range, set your channels 1-6 to have ranges from -78.0 to 78.0, this is to match the default Spektrum 100% range (Taranis 100.0 is 125% on Spektrum TX's)

Make sure you have a 3 position switch assigned to CH5 and the momentary to Ch6. The momentary is your panic switch, so you want it to release as soon as you let go.

Now reverse Ch6 in the output menu and you should see correct behaviour.

BTW, default channel order for Spektrum is TAER. Your iRangeX module may be translating AETR to TAER to match the defaults, but that's something I don't recommend as then the servo ports on the RX don't match the channel assignments in the TX. I've set my Taranis up to use TAER as default (I also use a Spektrum hack module which doesn't do channel map translation)