Dec 10, 2017, 08:58 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Came across this build video on this plane. Looks nice

Seagull Models DeHavilland Mosquito ARF review Part One (13 min 37 sec)

Kman
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2017, 09:03 AM
Great find, kman24!
Dec 11, 2017, 03:30 PM
with that battery being there in the video the plane must be nose heavy out of the box? I hope I'm right because if its tail heavy where do u put the batterys if the cockpit box takes up all the room up front. if it still aval. I will be getting one end of the month, I'm going with servoless retracts though and use 2 power 60 eflite motors
Dec 11, 2017, 08:00 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the mosquito was always a two man crew Pilot and Navigator who were seated offset
Dec 11, 2017, 09:07 PM
Plane Nuts
Correct
Dec 11, 2017, 10:15 PM
he never did say what retract servos he used. Could not find the thread on RC universe. I also am surprised he used 1 battery. I plan on using two and cut the cockpit box out to accommodate the batteries, saved the bottom of the box and glued it back on the canopy hatch. still in the process of building.
Dec 11, 2017, 11:30 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lllwalkman
he never did say what retract servos he used. Could not find the thread on RC universe. I also am surprised he used 1 battery. I plan on using two and cut the cockpit box out to accommodate the batteries, saved the bottom of the box and glued it back on the canopy hatch. still in the process of building.
He said towards the beginning that he used Hitec metal gear digital servos for the retracts, ones that you can set the endpoints on. I bet if you ask a question in his YT video that he could give you the model number.

I woukd think you would want two batteries as well, especially with two 60 size motors to feed power to. Also, I would not trust a standard dean's connector for feeding both motors. An EC5, XT90, or HXT4 connector would handle both motors safely.

Kman
Dec 12, 2017, 09:32 PM
I think he is using the hitec 8575MG
Dec 18, 2017, 07:11 PM
I don't find any 8575? wonder if hs 645mg will work I have a ton of those?
Dec 18, 2017, 09:58 PM
5645mg Hitec
Dec 26, 2017, 11:37 AM
Anyone know where these go?
Dec 26, 2017, 03:15 PM
Close looking at the pictures on seagull website - these are fairings to cover control links .
Dec 26, 2017, 05:21 PM
ahh Yes thanks
Dec 28, 2017, 02:45 PM

CMP Mosquito

Hello, I have subscribed to this thread. I am hoping you guys provide some flight reports when you get them in the air. I have the CMP models Mossie that I picked up from a swap meet a few years ago. The guy had twin SV17 gassers in it. It was a mess! I took those out and converted to electric. So it now has E-flite 46's with Castle 80 (I think) ESC's. Flies pretty good, but the 46's are the minimum I would put in it. CMP says it will fly on 32's, but I dont think so, at least not very good. I have two 5000 5s batteries in the nose. I had to make a battery hatch that came out ok. It needs all the weight up front that it can get. I also wired the batteries together so that each motor can run from either battery. Probably not necessary to do this, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. If you guys have positive flight reports, then I think I'll pick one of the Seagull Models Mossies next year.
I attached a picture of the wing from my CMP. Those are P-51 spinners that I bought from Mecoa in L.A. They are plastic blanks, so you can cut them out anyway you want. They have an aluminum back plate. Here is a link http://www.mecoa.com/cb/spinners.htm The props are MAS 14x8 counter-rotating that I cut down to about 11.5. I just started with my watt meter attached to the battery, and started cutting down the prop until it was pulling the required amps.
Good luck with your maidens, and happy flying.
Pete
Dec 28, 2017, 05:35 PM
well I hit the but button on this bird. one question it uses 2 servos for the flaps are the setup to use the same rotation or do I need to get a reverse one and a standard one? thx. glenn

Quick Reply