Seagull 80 inch Mosquito warbird - RC Groups
Oct 12, 2017, 02:18 PM
Discussion

Seagull 80 inch Mosquito warbird

Hi all i thought i would start the ball rolling with this thread i have just had a email from my local hobby shop online that my mosquito will be delivered tomorrow by courier i will try to post a unboxing video if i can my set up is going to be 2 eflite power 60s 2 80amp esc wiith 15x8 graupner props and a seperate 6volt battery pack and 6s 5000ma 45c lipos supplied mechanical retracts with spektrum 7040 high power retract servos i will also try and post some photos of the build if i can
Ray.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2017, 03:45 AM
Hi again all i recieved my mosquito on friday afternoon sorry i could not post a unboxing video i could not get my camera to work so iwill have to tell my first impressions when i opened the box everything was packed very well no damage all the parts look very nice and well made the retracts are very nice for mechanical ones the only thing i dont like are the main wheels look cheap so i ordered some robart ones to replace overall the kit looks very good quality at 400 would highly recomend. Regards Ray.
Oct 15, 2017, 03:52 AM
looking forward to seeing the build progress, it looks like a nice kit.
Oct 19, 2017, 08:47 AM
I am tempted by this one and so it is great to see this thread. I will go electric but I can't find a manual anywhere and I would really like to know what size motors /lipos are recommended. Are you still planning to use the set up you mention in your first post now that you have the kit?
Oct 19, 2017, 11:15 AM
I will be watching this, as I want to pick up the Mosquito as well. It will be electric for me as well, so I am curious how everything works out.

Brent
Oct 20, 2017, 01:44 AM
Hello.. Sabreflyer.
Have decided to change tack slightly and go to ic power the manual recomends a 46 to 55 glow in the manual it does not tell you what electric set up to use the build is very straight forward except for the electric instalation thats why i went to engines instead.
Oct 20, 2017, 05:19 AM
Hi Raveon,
Thanks for the information. I have recently converted a couple of i.c. airframes to electric so know it can be worked out but I am ready for a straight forward build for a next project (instead of having to work out and build access hatches etc.) and it would have been nice to have an idea of the power combo/ lipos before purchasing. Still I look forward to your build and I'm sure I will pick up much useful information from your experience along the way.
How does it compare in size to the average 60 size warbird?
Oct 20, 2017, 05:01 PM
Hello Sabreflyer .
On the whole i think its bigger than your average 60size model much better quality than most artf that i have bought hope to get my camera working so i can post some pictures of the build and finished item . Regards. Ray.
Oct 24, 2017, 01:19 PM
Hi all
just got got my camera working so i thought i would post a video i promised its not very good but you can see the detail and finish of the model i changed out the mechanical retracts for some electric ones which work better and put some new robart wheels and tires on check out my video on You Tube under Seagull 80 inch Mosquito. Thank Ray. hope you enjoy.
Oct 25, 2017, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raveon 15
Hi all
just got got my camera working so i thought i would post a video i promised its not very good but you can see the detail and finish of the model i changed out the mechanical retracts for some electric ones which work better and put some new robart wheels and tires on check out my video on You Tube under Seagull 80 inch Mosquito. Thank Ray. hope you enjoy.
???
Seagull 80 inch Mosquito (3 min 23 sec)
Oct 25, 2017, 06:20 AM
You made quick work of that, well done! Looks great.
What were the issues with the electric set up that put you off? I do like the look of this one but would have to be electric for me.
Oct 25, 2017, 07:23 AM

Seagull 80 inch Mosquito

Dear Sabreflyer.
I used elite power 60s the prop adapters were not long enough to fit the prop and spinner also didn't like the way the motors where mounted with the sliding motor mounts in hindsight i would have used motor stand offs i did again. Regards Ray.
Oct 25, 2017, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Dear Sabreflyer.
I used elite power 60s the prop adapters were not long enough to fit the prop and spinner also didn't like the way the motors where mounted with the sliding motor mounts in hindsight i would have used motor stand offs i did again. Regards Ray.

On behalf of all the Leccy fliers out there who are tempted by this one, thanks for this information. After hassles with converting a couple of i.c to electric recently I don't want to commit to another headache of an installation. Your information is invaluable here in the absence of any manual online. Sorry to bombard you with further questions:
Do the lipos and escs go into the nacelles behind the motor? Room for 6s 5ooo? Hatch?
Or are the lipos in the fuselage; which presents a problem with extending either motor wires meaning esc in the fuselage or lipo to esc wires which I thought was not to be done?
Good luck with the maiden...looks like you're almost ready!
Oct 25, 2017, 01:56 PM

seagull 80 inch mosquito

Hi Sabreflyer.
The escs and the lipos go in the fusealage manual says 35-45rper volt motor 50amp esc and 4s lipo 3200ma i think you need to go with a simular set up that i suggested to get the frontal weight for cg 6s 4200 -5000ma hope that helps a bit.Regards Ray.
Last edited by raveon 15; Oct 25, 2017 at 01:58 PM. Reason: missing word
Oct 25, 2017, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Hi Sabreflyer.
The escs and the lipos go in the fusealage manual says 35-45rper volt motor 50amp esc and 4s lipo 3200ma i think you need to go with a simular set up that i suggested to get the frontal weight for cg 6s 4200 -5000ma hope that helps a bit.Regards Ray.
Helps a lot, thanks Ray. I prefer a 5s or 6s set up as those are the lipos I already have. So escs in fus and long motor wires out to the nacelles.
I have a motor/esc that would fit the bill so would only need another....tempting!!!