91" EXP Extra 300 Question - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 12, 2017, 09:25 AM
Discussion

91" EXP Extra 300 Question

In the process of building a 91" Extreme Flight Extra 300 3D plane. Not wanting to start a war, but should I go Lipo or Fromeco Li-Ion for battieries. Here's my setup I have planned so far

Engine: VVRC 70 cc twin 24x9 Falcon
RX: Spektrum 9140T Power Safe
Control Surface Servos: Savox 1270TG
Throttle: Savox 1267 SG
Kill Switch: Optokill with BEC from VVRC

I know it's a Ford Chevy question on separate ignition batteries what type etc etc. just wanting to hear what everyone thinks who has used similar setup recently.
Last edited by Fletch88; Oct 12, 2017 at 12:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2017, 11:36 AM
Oh...that's gonna leave a mark
Ya, there are gonna be lots of opinions on this. I know alot of guys that went from Lipo to Life and now back to Lipo. They just like the added punch with the Lipo. Keep in mind, I'm talking about 3D flyers here. I too prefer Lipos in my 3D setups.......good luck.
Kurt
Oct 12, 2017, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt kurt
Ya, there are gonna be lots of opinions on this. I know alot of guys that went from Lipo to Life and now back to Lipo. They just like the added punch with the Lipo. Keep in mind, I'm talking about 3D flyers here. I too prefer Lipos in my 3D setups.......good luck.
Kurt

Yes, I fly LiFe batteries 6.6v in my glow setups. I was debating between sticking with LiFe for this plane also but decided I wanted the extra punch of higher voltage servos if I need it vs not having it and needing it.

What I am torn between now is whether to stick with lighter, cheaper lipos that I am very familiar with the in's and outs of, or going with Fromeco li-ion's which are inherently safer, maybe longer lasting (which both say replace every 2 years anyway) and do not require a balance port to charge. I will remove the lipo to charge/ store plane for sure if I go that route. Both of these batteries offer higher voltage compared to LiFe.