RSSI via PWM - RC Groups
Oct 11, 2017, 01:13 PM
Help!

RSSI via PWM

I am looking for a OSD on a fixed wing that does not require a FC. Just needed RSSI and voltage.

I believe I found one PowerOSD Race to use with a FrSky S8R.

However, there is very little documentation on the PWM RSSI. Both state that it is the method used for RSSI however the receiver has three cables and the OSD only has a single port.

Would you only plug the signal cable to the OSD?

I've attacked relevant pictures/documentation.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2017, 04:42 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
The RSSI port has Signal, + and - lines, the latter two are shared with the SBUS and PWM channel ports + and - lines (these are power lines)

Just hook up the signal pin to the RSSI pad on the OSD.
Oct 12, 2017, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
The RSSI port has Signal, + and - lines, the latter two are shared with the SBUS and PWM channel ports + and - lines (these are power lines)

Just hook up the signal pin to the RSSI pad on the OSD.
Thank you for the answer. I was thinking the same thing but could not find any documentation or examples to verify this theory.
Oct 12, 2017, 06:55 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuro
Thank you for the answer. I was thinking the same thing but could not find any documentation or examples to verify this theory.
All standard receivers use a single bus for + and - on the servo pins. Only the various PowerBox/PowerSafe/Redundancy box setups do not use a common power bus on the servo pins.

There are some oddities out there (Some Hitec RX's can be powered seperately from the servo's, some FrSky RX's, specifically the X6R, have thin traces to the S.Port plug so you can't power the servo bus from the S.Port) but even then your servo ports are all common.