Tamjets - RC Groups
Oct 11, 2017, 10:43 AM
Discussion

Tamjets

Hi, does anyone know if Tamjets is still in business?

No luck reaching them by phone or email.

Thx
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2017, 11:10 AM
KingtechUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonealone
Hi, does anyone know if Tamjets is still in business?

No luck reaching them by phone or email.

Thx
He is but its very limited. Hes been working on other things and doing well. He does still do pipes and other things but your going to wait for it. Sucks because Tam is by far the best and a huge part pf making all these chinese ARFs fly with out an exploding pipe.
Oct 12, 2017, 10:26 AM
Has anyone ordered from the website recently? Any issues getting products?
Oct 12, 2017, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Hmmm......

You did not seem to read and comprehend Kris's post; for all intents and purposes, Tam is out of the model airplane business. He said that maybe a few pipes if/when he gets a new supply of material and that those would be quite a bit more expensive due to rising material costs. The posts I saw pretty much said he was not going to play with any gear stuff at all as those take a lot of time and people are not willing to pay for the amount of time it takes to manufacture that stuff.

In short, 'ya better look elsewhere....
Oct 12, 2017, 10:41 PM
If he is going out of business why keep a full site up??? it's a bit misleading to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb
Hmmm......

You did not seem to read and comprehend Kris's post; for all intents and purposes, Tam is out of the model airplane business. He said that maybe a few pipes if/when he gets a new supply of material and that those would be quite a bit more expensive due to rising material costs. The posts I saw pretty much said he was not going to play with any gear stuff at all as those take a lot of time and people are not willing to pay for the amount of time it takes to manufacture that stuff.

In short, 'ya better look elsewhere....
Oct 12, 2017, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afioretti
If he is going out of business why keep a full site up??? it's a bit misleading to say the least.
I don't know other than to say that if you are an existing GOOD customer, you might get a pipe if and when he gets new material. I suspect that the rest of his decision to quit has a lot to do with attitudes and having to deal with guys like you and the OP.

I should have just followed Kris's lead and left it at one response. Another lesson learned......
Oct 13, 2017, 08:04 AM
If you are not serving the public then why have a full blown website. it is misleading at best... someone here asked about products on what appears to be a good website..

Your point?

Quote:
I don't know other than to say that if you are an existing GOOD customer, you might get a pipe if and when he gets new material. I suspect that the rest of his decision to quit has a lot to do with attitudes and having to deal with guys like you and the OP.

I should have just followed Kris's lead and left it at one response. Another lesson learned......
Last edited by afioretti; Oct 13, 2017 at 08:11 AM.
Oct 13, 2017, 10:35 PM
Quote:
If you are not serving the public then why have a full blown website. it is misleading at best... someone here asked about products on what appears to be a good website..

Your point?
My point especially for you, is that you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink.....

In short, give it up. Your preaching about what other people "ought" to do has gotten old very quickly.
Oct 16, 2017, 02:47 PM
Thanks Zeeb.. I'll make a note of how stupid you seem to consider anyone asking questions... I know Tam as do a lot of people. so you and a few others seem to have the inside scoop on things going on with him. That is great and so noted.

Have a nice day

Andy Fioretti
CRX Turbines
www.crxturbines.com
www.sw-jet.com

Quote:
My point especially for you, is that you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink.....

In short, give it up. Your preaching about what other people "ought" to do has gotten old very quickly.
Last edited by afioretti; Oct 16, 2017 at 02:53 PM.
Oct 16, 2017, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Thanks Zeeb.. I'll make a note of how stupid you seem to consider anyone asking questions... I know Tam as do a lot of people. so you and a few others seem to have the inside scoop on things going on with him. That is great and so noted.

Have a nice day

Andy Fioretti
CRX Turbines
www.crxturbines.com
www.sw-jet.com
Well first off, let's put your original unedited post up;

"Thanks Zeeb.. I'll make a note of how stupid you seem to consider anyone asking questions... I know Tam as do a lot of people. so you and a few others have the inside scoop on things going on with him. That is great and so noted but your demeanor toward me and others is less than stellar.
As for leading a horse to water, if you come to my barn, I might not have any water for your horse.

Andy Fioretti
CRX Turbines"

As for all the issues you've had with your business, and then you make snide remarks after you've been told several times, that Tam was not going to be doing any model work to speak of. When you start bleating like a White House Press reporter who won't take "no" for an answer, it gets irritating very quickly as I said.

However, none of that expresses your true nature like the last line of your comment;

"As for leading a horse to water, if you come to my barn, I might not have any water for your horse"

It's one thing to dislike someone, it's quite another that you would deny water to a thirsty animal, especially a horse.
Oct 16, 2017, 08:13 PM
Have a good day Zeeb...

Andy

BTW I love horses... it was a joke
Last edited by afioretti; Oct 16, 2017 at 09:59 PM.
Oct 17, 2017, 02:30 AM
GPJ
GPJ
Quote:
I ordered $133 worth of items for my Habu32X on Sept. 18.

Haven't heard anything at all. I sent numerous e-mails and called a few times but a message can't be saved because of full mailbox.

Hope the guy is OK.

Had no choice but to file a Paypal dispute. Still not resolved as of now.

I can't believe the website is still up honestly.
Oct 17, 2017, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ
I ordered $133 worth of items for my Habu32X on Sept. 18.

Haven't heard anything at all. I sent numerous e-mails and called a few times but a message can't be saved because of full mailbox.

Hope the guy is OK.

Had no choice but to file a Paypal dispute. Still not resolved as of now.

I can't believe the website is still up honestly.
I guess you're not a "GOOD" enough customer per Zeeb's reckoning.

I hope you get your money back and I hope the site comes down and stops taking orders for stuff they have no intention of supplying or shipping.
Oct 20, 2017, 02:12 PM
GPJ
GPJ
Paypal was able to recover my money ...... full refund.

I really wanted the parts, oh well..............
Oct 20, 2017, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeller Aircraft
I guess you're not a "GOOD" enough customer per Zeeb's reckoning.
You ought to keep up on things with posts on other forums as there isn't really much traffic here for Tam's stuff.

Latest is that the material for the pipes has gone up to 3 times it's last price and Tam is busy enough with his new job, that he doesn't think it would be worthwhile to order the raw material for new pipes.

So basically, it does not matter who you are, he's out of business. If you do not like the fact that his website is still up, maybe you ought to take that up with him directly instead of bitching about it on a forum?