Flight test wing with loads of dihedral - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 11, 2017, 03:42 AM
Discussion

Flight test wing with loads of dihedral

I built the free pdf for flight tests wing (my first time ever scrach bulding ) I'm wanting to do a pusher setup and just cuz I slapped it to gather with what ever amount it's about 3 inches cg from the rear v I have no electronics. was wondering if there is a rule of thumb on this kinda application it weighs 270 g so I'm 30 less than required on empty wait I want to put a large bat and engine also the wing tips should I put them on 90°or to each side of the wings or go the 45 Ish that it is I think that's it I'll see if I can't get some pics if I level out the plane it has roughly 3 inches on each side of the wings from bottom of the wing who thinks it will fly
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2017, 08:15 AM
It'll fly (if you get CG right), but not very well - way too much dihedral.
Winglets should be straight up for initial flight tests and then you can experiment with angling them outward incrementally - this way you can compare.
Oct 11, 2017, 09:50 AM
I also want to use the 1300 kv 24 gram blue wonder i would like to use a 3s what c should I use and the mah what range can u run I'm planing on using the spec 8x6 pusher the scu Dimension is : 25mm x 24mm x 7mm
Weight with leads (no connectors): 13g
Current: 12amp (15amp for 10 seconds)
BEC: 2amp 5volt
Rated for 2s and 3s batteries
PWM: 8Khz
No programming required for aircraft use (Programming instructions
Oct 11, 2017, 10:19 AM
Hot glue held together by foam
For the best chance of successful flight on a first scratch build , I recommend building it according to plans/instructions .... then doing modifications on future builds . All the FliteTest planes are very well supported with good plans and clear instruction videos .

If you are planning on using this wing for first time learning to fly RC ( unassisted by an experienced RC flyer ) , I recommend setting it aside and starting with a proper trainer .
Oct 11, 2017, 10:06 PM
flyin' fool
Flying wings with elevons require little or no dihedral to fly properly. Too much and you'll get major adverse yaw and that's not good.

If your just starting, copy 'exactly' what others have done for success.
Oct 12, 2017, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepingdeath
I also want to use the 1300 kv 24 gram blue wonder i would like to use a 3s what c should I use and the mah what range can u run I'm planing on using the spec 8x6 pusher the scu Dimension is : 25mm x 24mm x 7mm
Weight with leads (no connectors): 13g
Current: 12amp (15amp for 10 seconds)
BEC: 2amp 5volt
Rated for 2s and 3s batteries
PWM: 8Khz
No programming required for aircraft use (Programming instructions
Not sure if running an 8x4 prop on a 24g motor on 3s is such a good idea. I was running that, motor got ht and eventailly burned out