Mar 01, 2018, 09:00 AM
I ordered one and hope it will come soon.
Is here someone who already flying with the Hubsan h501m ?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2018, 08:52 AM
Found a camera sample here:
Hubsan H501 X4 2.4Ghz 4Channel RC Drone Unboxing & Testing | Shamshad Maker (11 min 51 sec)

I'm a bit dissapointed really.
Mar 02, 2018, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullken
Found a camera sample here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBw83wwrpw4

I'm a bit dissapointed really.
EC2 plugs for for the battery,i say no more about the rest looks like a big let down.
Mar 03, 2018, 03:09 AM
I think that at this price range it's a good Drone to start this hobby.
I'm not looking 4 a racer or a fpv drone !
But a follow me ! 4 when I'm walking with the dogs.

And the most important thing !
I understand it's doesn't need a GPS dance when I change battery !
Mar 03, 2018, 03:11 AM
Hubsan H501M X4 Air Basic Edition (1 min 31 sec)

Even with Waypoint, Point of interest & Follow me, this Hubsan H501M is marginally acceptable with its price being set. However, the 720P shaking video is simply below 1080P standard.
Mar 03, 2018, 03:12 AM
So why disappointed ? Hullken ?

And what is wrong with the EC2 ? Merch ?

I'm just asking to learn !
Mar 03, 2018, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frits183

I was dissapointed with the camera quality. I knew it was 720p, but there is no reason a lower resolution camera can't look alot better than that.

Otherwise the quad is probably fine and just like the other H501 models.
Mar 03, 2018, 12:01 PM
Thanks Hullken

I hope to have him next month.
We are going on a holiday to
Jegum Ferieland
Maybe you see it in the sky.
Mar 03, 2018, 02:25 PM
Quote:

I would go with the XT60 plugs personal preference,range is not that great and the 720p camera plus for the price you could pick up a much better quad.
Mar 03, 2018, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
I would go with the XT60 plugs personal preference,range is not that great and the 720p camera plus for the price you could pick up a much better quad.
.....such as?

Reqmts (present in this model):

waypoints
follow me
circle
auto launch and home
brushless
decent (upgradeable) duration
Hubsan Watch option (allows Quad to track a moving person / object with watch onboard (eg another r/c model)
Camera is poor perhaps, but ok for FPV to 400 metres?
Sufficient power to add a stripped down 4k Firefly Q6 or similar for quality flight recording

What other Quads offer this on a similar budget (willing to pay up to 150 landed)

How does it compare with other 501, Bugs etc?

Like to place an order if nothing better available within this budget (the 501M, Tx and GPS Watch fall within the max limit)
Mar 03, 2018, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtolharrierbnice
.....such as?

Reqmts (present in this model):

waypoints
follow me
circle
auto launch and home
brushless
decent (upgradeable) duration
Hubsan Watch option (allows Quad to track a moving person / object with watch onboard (eg another r/c model)
Camera is poor perhaps, but ok for FPV to 400 metres?
Sufficient power to add a stripped down 4k Firefly Q6 or similar for quality flight recording

What other Quads offer this on a similar budget (willing to pay up to 150 landed)

How does it compare with other 501, Bugs etc?

Like to place an order if nothing better available within this budget (the 501M, Tx and GPS Watch fall within the max limit)

Without the fancy App functions the Bugs B2W is what i would choose,don't forget you are using a bluetooth controller that connects to your phone to fly which drains alot of battery on your phone with the bugs you get a much better controller,persenol preference like i said.
Mar 03, 2018, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Without the fancy App functions the Bugs B2W is what i would choose,don't forget you are using a bluetooth controller that connects to your phone to fly which drains alot of battery on your phone with the bugs you get a much better controller,persenol preference like i said.
tempting but no waypoints - also lot of conflicting info on Hub tx being 2.4 / bluetooth/wi-fi - Hubsan told me tx is 2.4 and only FPV is wi-fi, whilst reviewers reckon it is isnt 2.4

going to look up the other 501 model specs...
Mar 08, 2018, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtolharrierbnice
are Hubsan still trading?
I have one it took less than 4 weeks in Europa for delivery
:-)
Mar 08, 2018, 07:53 PM
Quote:
I have one it took less than 4 weeks in Europa for delivery
:-)
sooo what do you think?

do all features work as well as you hoped? - eg follow me and programmable waypoints?
Have u seen the gps watch controller?
Mar 10, 2018, 11:39 AM
be nice when someone range tests the fpv and general flying b y Hubs physical remote and GPS Watch (which appears to be deliberately hidden from the world..

There is a lot of confusion over realistic line of sight range - cant be as bad as claimed surely

Quick Reply