Oct 10, 2017, 04:23 PM
New Product

Hubsan H501M X4 Waypoint WiFi FPV Brushless GPS With 720P HD Camera RC Drone Quadcopt

Hubsans new H501M X4 a stepdown from the H501S at a very cheap price point with 720P camera,flight distance around 70 meters but it does have a very long flight time at 20 minutes with it's huge 2s 2700mah battery.

Is it worth the price with the small transmitter and 720P camera?

https://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-H501M-X4-Waypoint-WiFi-FPV-Brushless-GPS-With-720P-HD-Camera-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1210320.html

Description:
Brand Name: Hubsan
Item NO.: H501M
Item Name: Hubsan X4 H501M RC Quadcopter
Frequency: 2.4G

Quadcopter:
Size: 311*311*70mm
Weight: 410g, (include the battery)
Rotor size:185mm (7.3 inches )
Brushless Motor
ESC: brushless 12A x4
Battery: 7.4V 2700mAh Lipo
Max current: 16A
Camera: 720P, 1280*720
Color: Gray
4 LED indicators &Rubber feet

Battery:
Voltage: 7.4V
Capacity: 2700mAh Lipo
Flight time: around 20 minutes
Charging time: around 210 minutes
Adaptor included

Camera:
720P camera
Camera Resolution:1280*720P
Photo JPEG
Video MP4

Transmitter:
Item No.:HT009
Max Flight radius: 70meters
2.4GHz Bluetooth TX APP Connection
APP Compatible/Orbiting/Functional Waypoints
FPV:Real Time Photo/Video Transmission

APP Functions:
WIFI Real Time Video Transmission
Waypoint flight (settable waypoint and altitude)
One key takeoff
Follow me mode
Orbiting mode
Headless mode
video/photo

Features:
* 720P HD Camera:
Built in 1280*720P HD camera are tuned amazingly to capture stunning pictures and videos from the sky.
* Accurate GPS Positioning:
Built-in Accurate GPS(Universal version) Positioning System, the accurate positioning location, perfect advanced follower.
* Brushless Motors:
Brushless motors provide better performance than their brushed counterparts. In addition, propeller attachment is self-tightening for additional security.
* Altitude Mode:
With altitude hold mode function provides stable flight.
* Follow Me Mode:
With Follow me function,turns you into a mobile photographer with a personal cameraman
* Headless Mode:
With headless mode function,no need to adjust the position of aircraft before flying.
* App Waypoint Function:
With App Waypoint Function,easy to control and more relaxtion and time to enjoy the flight experience.
* 20min Flight Time:
The 2700mAh capacity battery provides 20 minutes of satisfying flight on a sigle charge.

Package Included:
1x H501M RC Quadcopter
1x HT009 Transmitter
1x Battery
1x Charger
1x Manual
Last edited by Merch; Sep 17, 2018 at 05:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2017, 11:52 AM
Drone Collector
2 chains of thought?.

1: Use it with a WiFi repeater if you are a Hubsan fan to try and get some respectable range.

2: Use a MJX Bugs 2 B2W with a WiFi repeater and get a better TX in the deal for a little more coin.

Personally, i would check out a Bugs 2 on somebody's flash sale and pay the little extra.

Just my opinion.
Oct 11, 2017, 09:51 PM
I have the Bugs B2C and it's a great quad but the Hubsan does have a few extras like follow me,orbiting and that long flight time,maybe the price will drop too who knows.
Yes you can get larger batteries for the bugs but hey this is just another quad of many GPS ones that are coming out and are getting cheaper as time goes by just like everything else.

Good tips Blade Runner about the repeater
Oct 12, 2017, 01:03 AM
For $ 98 I bought a month ago the H501A version.
It did not make sense to buy B2W, or even the M version.
Oct 12, 2017, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LysyZdw
For $ 98 I bought a month ago the H501A version.
It did not make sense to buy B2W, or even the M version.
If i'm correct the H501A does not come with a transmitter this does.
Oct 12, 2017, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
If i'm correct the H501A does not come with a transmitter this does.
It is equipped with a WiFi amplifier, that is probably enough.
https://des.gbtcdn.com/uploads/pdm-u...977930330.jpeg
I do not have BVLOS powers - Beyond Visual Line of Sight.
Mission planning mode, tracking and other interesting features that B2W does not have.

I can always buy a transmitter from the H501S and much longer.
Last edited by LysyZdw; Oct 12, 2017 at 03:03 AM.
Oct 12, 2017, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LysyZdw
It is equipped with a WiFi amplifier, that is probably enough.
https://des.gbtcdn.com/uploads/pdm-u...977930330.jpeg
I do not have BVLOS powers - Beyond Visual Line of Sight.
Mission planning mode, tracking and other interesting features that B2W does not have.

I can always buy a transmitter from the H501S and much longer.
Yes the WiFi amplifier is good but some do like the transmitter bundled in and it is a little expensive to buy it seperate apart from that i read te H501A is a great quad
Oct 16, 2017, 04:25 AM
I'm super interested in this quad.

I don't think the range of the controller is 70 m though, this should be the nominal range for the wifi FPV.

For example Geekbuying and Gearbest has the controller distance rated at 300 m.

We will see when it's released I guess and the reviews start popping in.

For this price though, if the controller is an actual RC 2,4-controller with ok range this would seem like a pretty cool quad.

My guess is also that this is simply the H501A with the camera module switched to a lower res version. Which would mean that it still has 5,8 analog FPV installed! And that it can be bound to any Hubsan controller.
Oct 16, 2017, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullken
I'm super interested in this quad.

I don't think the range of the controller is 70 m though, this should be the nominal range for the wifi FPV.

For example Geekbuying and Gearbest has the controller distance rated at 300 m.

We will see when it's released I guess and the reviews start popping in.

For this price though, if the controller is an actual RC 2,4-controller with ok range this would seem like a pretty cool quad.

My guess is also that this is simply the H501A with the camera module switched to a lower res version. Which would mean that it still has 5,8 analog FPV installed! And that it can be bound to any Hubsan controller.
I take it your a Hubsan fan?............70m does sound a little short maybe that's for the App because it says Max Flight radius: 70meters
2.4GHz Bluetooth TX APP Connection.
And it says bluetooth......maybe it's a typo mistake.
Oct 23, 2017, 02:49 PM

That machine makes sense

I am very much sure the 70 meter are wrong. Like others wrote,GB+GB give 300 m each. 70 m is not much even for WiFI where you can indeed use a cheap repeater (tape it to the controller ) ).
Indeed, the Bugs 2W can be an alternative when it's on sale, then it's just about 30 more - but then, we did'nt see a flash sale for the 501M yet, naturally.
So it seems an interesting offer. I'm considering buying one for my daughter.
Oct 23, 2017, 04:24 PM
Anne was kind enough to answer some questions about this quad.

It apparently does not have either 2.4 GHz RC or 5.8 GHz analog FPV. Which is a shame.

It is controlled via Wifi only from the phone and the controller in the pack is a Bluetooth controller for sticks.

I'm still rather interested in this quad if the price is right. If the H501A doesn't get a flash sale...
Oct 24, 2017, 12:26 AM
A bluetooth transmitter that won't get you far
Oct 24, 2017, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
A bluetooth transmitter that won't get you far
The Bluetooth connection would only be between your phone and the controller though.
Oct 24, 2017, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullken
The Bluetooth connection would only be between your phone and the controller though.
Ahh gotcha.
Oct 27, 2017, 06:05 AM
Hi,

I just received my H501A and is awesome... specially the waypoint flight mode... with the wifi booster (they call it Relay) i got as far as 410m with no virtual lag on the video stream... i just wanted to have the sticks to play a bit on analog mode... got my ipad a Gamevice gamepad to get it going but unfortunately doesn't work with the H501A. With this new version H501M if i can get my hands on the transmitter only would be great.

This is a serious drone H501M + Relay will be the best option for a very decent price... i guess that i will buy this version soon and bundle with what i already have from the H501A that i have.

Cheers

Quick Reply