Arduino or Suggest a flight control board for this blimp - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 10, 2017, 11:13 AM
Discussion

Arduino or Suggest a flight control board for this blimp

I am creating a blimp. (Check the attachment to know what I am going to create. )

I am customising it to 6 propellers. (Propellor arrangement is shown in another drawing - attachment)

The 4 horizontal propellors act just like a quadcopter, one vertical propellor help to rotate the blimp clockwise and the other anticlockwise.

Which board should I choose?

I am a newbie in drone making.

Can I use KK multirotor control board for such a configuration? Any help would be great.

Plz help
Thank you.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2017, 05:43 AM
It's good to be geek!
If you find another forum that gets more action on this question, please share. I'm doing something similar, looking for answers, but looks like rcgroups might not be the right place for this, sadly.
I have a lot of fpv racer type drone experience, but limited knowledge of semi-autonomous kinds of drones. I think what FC you use will depend mostly on what you want to do with the drone. If you just want to fly it around, pretty much any will work, including the old KK (although I'd stick with something that is still supported). Just get something cheap. If you want altitude hold, get one with a barometer (most current FCs have them). If you want to do position hold, you'll need GPS and mag, many of the current ones will support it, but where the most advanced features will come from (due to firmware) is outside of the FPV community, and more like the Video UAS areana. Something like PixHawk, APM, etc. Even an older (what was OpenPilot) Revo board that is "10 DOF" can run LibrePilot firmware, which has all of the waypoint programming functionality, advance telemetry, etc. I'm still working on this part myself, but am most tempted by PixHawk because it has some redundancy built in and a very large community backing it. For my first proof of concept though, I will likely make use of my Revo Nano that's been collecting dust. XD Good luck!