Help with pricing on a lot of control line stuff - RC Groups
Oct 10, 2017, 10:29 AM
Help!

Help with pricing on a lot of control line stuff

Hi Folks,
was hoping someone could give me an idea of what all of this stuff might be worth, in general. Got this from a friend who bought this stuff at a swap meet years ago and just found it. Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2017, 11:25 PM
1:1 scale is fun!
Some great stuff there. On the rolls with the lines, you should see at least $10 bucks each, maybe more, depends on the size. (used lines may not sell well at all) Anything with .015 diameter will be popular. 60' x .015 is probably the most useful. The J-Roberts 3 line handle may fetch $25 to $30 and the 3 line bell-crank (and any 3 line reel sets) should go with it if you list it on eBay or sell it here. The monoline handle is interesting but has a limited following. A collector may go for it. The 1/2 thread like line is not valuable, but some of the handles may be. I see a Fox type handle. I loved mine but gave it away years ago. The hardware is iffy and should be sold in lots I guess. Depends on a particular buyers needs. I like those nylon bell-cranks too. Maybe $2 to $3 each. I'm just saying what I would be willing to pay. Let me post this and look at the picture again.
OK, I see 3 ez-just handles, 2 large and 1 hotrock. I use a hotrock now but these have limited appeal these days. The fuel bulbs likewise have limited appeal and if they are old, they may be dry rotted. All those elevatior/flap horn sets are nice. That large reel is about $10 bucks list, maybe $3 to $5 used. Some guys don't like the nylon bit but that's all I use. Maybe $1 to $2 bucks each. Once again, I'm a cheapskate so these are just what I would buy them for.
Personally, I would like a couple of .015 lines if the length is right, that Fox handle, the larger bell-cranks, a few elevator/flap horns....maybe some hardware but can't see what it is in the photo.
Downloaded the pic and zoomed in. The "Perfect" hardware is likely useless, but those Sullivan line clips are good...but inexpensive. Keep them as a lot for a couple of bucks.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by ECBoehm; Oct 10, 2017 at 11:39 PM.
Oct 12, 2017, 07:02 PM
Absolutely, thanks so much for the response.
Oct 14, 2017, 01:36 PM
Now that's a low pass !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogosi
Hi Folks,
was hoping someone could give me an idea of what all of this stuff might be worth, in general. Got this from a friend who bought this stuff at a swap meet years ago and just found it. Thanks.
Save me one of those red handles with the white thread for my indoor electric CL model..
Oct 18, 2017, 09:08 PM
I'm going flying!
I would like to have the control horn kits and the 1/2a bellcranks. I do a lot of 1/2a stuff for kids at different events and could use it.
Thanks
Rick
Nov 01, 2017, 04:02 AM
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
Speaking from lots of experience I wouldn't start piecing things out unless you like running back/forth to the P.O. sell as a lot