TopSky F7X 3D FPV Goggles - RC Groups

TopSky F7X 3D FPV Goggles

Top Sky has a pair of FPV goggles out that look pretty great and have all the killer features you'd want. This list of features could mean this is the new go to goggles for FPV enthusiasts

Splash

Video Goggles Continue to Improve

Top Sky has a pair of FPV goggles out that look pretty great and have all the killer features you'd want. the F7X was announced in August and our users have been feverishly going over the details in the main discussion thread here. This list of features could mean this is the new go to goggles for FPV enthusiasts.

Features

• 1280x720 display
  • 5.8Ghz receiver module, swappable
  • Head tracking
  • DVR built in
  • Adjustable Interpupillary distance
  • Available diopters
  • HDMI input
  • IR sensor, auto shut down when not in use
  • Built in fan
  • 3D support
  • AV in
  • 16:9/4:3 ratios
  • 42 FOV

These things not only have a giant feature list, but look really great too and we all know that the non face box (ie headplay) users care about how their goggles look. Now there is some negatives in that the module connector is on the opposite side from standard so any aftermarket modules you use will be upside down, not terrible, but not awesome either. The lenses seem to have some issues, but we are hearing that TopSky has delayed shipments to change out the lenses so it's still worth a look once we hear how the new lenses will perform. All in all, it's nice to see some new designs out there to push the market forward.

Check out the TopSky F7X 3D FPV Goggles here

Oct 10, 2017, 11:33 AM
Any word on price point?
Oct 10, 2017, 12:39 PM
fly by night
~$350 for now. there was an early bird pre-order price that was about $40 less. I will wait to see the reviews. Could be the answer for those of us who fly 5.8 with high end modules, and also Prosight HD (and heck also 1.3GHz some times with a Dom module). Fatshark just dragging their feet putting out their next gen 720p goggs, and their current so-called HD goggles cost way more for way less resolution.
Oct 10, 2017, 03:25 PM
the initial reviews aren't very good:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...%C2%B0-FOV-%21

start around page 50 or so.
Oct 10, 2017, 06:07 PM
fly by night
seems the goggs are a complete and total fail. I honestly wanted to believe .. but not with my money

TOPSKY F7X Goggles (13 min 29 sec)
Oct 10, 2017, 06:30 PM
RCG Admin
Sounds like the major issue in Bobs video was the lenses. The upside down module isn’t that big of a deal to me, but crappy lenses is. Someone posted that TopSky is replacing the lenses with better so I’m holding judgment until I actually see for myself.
Oct 10, 2017, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Sounds like the major issue in Bobs video was the lenses. The upside down module isnt that big of a deal to me, but crappy lenses is. Someone posted that TopSky is replacing the lenses with better so Im holding judgment until I actually see for myself.
The upside down module isn't an issue since the module doesn't fit anyway.

There are a number of issues with the goggles according to the reviews. They are all fixable I think, just have to wait to see how responsive Topsky is to making some changes. But, given the potential I think it's worth keeping an eye on their progress to see what they can do. They might turn out quite nice
Oct 13, 2017, 10:32 AM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
This is the most thorough and comprehensive reviews out on these goggles which detail every problem they bring to the table, AndyRc also did a great review of these goggles and the reviewers consensus is in and similar in every case, they come up short in almost every aspect

Topsky FX7 FPV Goggles - First look, Hardware & Overview! (28 min 1 sec)
Oct 13, 2017, 10:40 AM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Sounds like the major issue in Bobs video was the lenses. The upside down module isn’t that big of a deal to me, but crappy lenses is. Someone posted that TopSky is replacing the lenses with better so I’m holding judgment until I actually see for myself.
The optics do indeed seem to be a problem. But it could be an issue with the mirrors as much as the lenses. not so easily solved. FS, Aomways etc do not use mirrors