Jan 03, 2018, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFord2
What I want to know is how he trained his trees not to reach out and grab his plane... My trees are still in school!
Ha! Lets just say I was victorious this time. My trees have gobbled up more than a few planes in my years of flying there.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2018, 03:26 PM
If Toads could Fly...

Having so much fun with the DTFB Quasar...

I built another one using Greenguard fanfold! I did this one according to plan, full size... I took the DTFB Quasar out again earlier today, and it was cold but not so windy, so I had a blast with it. If you have not built one yet, you are missing out on a great flier that is quick and easy to build
Jan 03, 2018, 04:38 PM
flyin' fool
We have all that too, only up in the mountains where it belongs. It was colder in Florida today then here.
Last edited by goldguy; Jan 03, 2018 at 04:50 PM.
Jan 03, 2018, 04:48 PM
flyin' fool
Our 44th new year day fly-in (missed it due to a curse) had a big attendance, it was in the low 40's and sunny. Gonna hit the high 40s and rain later this week.

Just 100 miles to the east of us on the mainland starts some of the most brutal cold spells in years, with lots of big winter storms all through N. America.

Thank you Pineapple Express! You'd be better off retiring to Hawaii from where it originates.
Jan 03, 2018, 08:25 PM
Never even been to Hawaii yet but it’s definitely on the to do list.

I’d be happy to see 32*F even. The cold has been brutal.
Jan 07, 2018, 03:58 PM
Flying Models for 55 Years
My Quasar Kits (2) from West Michigan Park Flyers arrived yesterday (Saturday) in the Mail. They were sent out on Thursday January 4th, "FAST SHIPPING" ! As you can see the Box and contents arrived in Excellent condition! All the Foam parts were painted and packaged in a sealed plastic bag. The included Carbon Fiber Push Rods, Slats and other Hardware were packaged in a separate sealed plastic bag. The Laser cut Plywood parts were also packaged in a separate bag. There was a peace of Scrap Foam included, I guess for repairs if needed! I'm very impressed with the overall condition and Quality of the Kits! Now, it's building time

Bobby
Jan 07, 2018, 05:12 PM
Looks good Sixter. Post build pics.
Jan 07, 2018, 05:38 PM
💩
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixter
My Quasar Kits (2) from West Michigan Park Flyers arrived yesterday (Saturday) in the Mail. They were sent out on Thursday January 4th, "FAST SHIPPING" ! As you can see the Box and contents arrived in Excellent condition! All the Foam parts were painted and packaged in a sealed plastic bag. The included Carbon Fiber Push Rods, Slats and other Hardware were packaged in a separate sealed plastic bag. The Laser cut Plywood parts were also packaged in a separate bag. There was a peace of Scrap Foam included, I guess for repairs if needed! I'm very impressed with the overall condition and Quality of the Kits! Now, it's building time

Bobby
How much were they? I messaged for a price quote a while ago but never received a response.
Jan 07, 2018, 05:47 PM
If Toads could Fly...

While we're waiting on Sixter...

My GG version is ready to maiden, waiting on the weather to let up a little... I'm trying a new HK motor that seems to have a lot of punch for a really light package - 25g HK 2612- KV1900 S-line... Anyone else tried this motor?
Jan 07, 2018, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302
How much were they? I messaged for a price quote a while ago but never received a response.
Iíll have Greg get hold of you.
Jan 07, 2018, 06:48 PM
I’ll bet the GG Quasar flies just fine.
Jan 07, 2018, 06:50 PM
💩
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
Iíll have Greg get hold of you.
Sounds great, thanks!
Jan 07, 2018, 08:16 PM
flyin' fool
My experience with weight vs power................
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=636

If you want 3D fun, it's all about a low wing loading and 1.5 times more thrust than flying weight. The Quasar proves it with a 2205/1480 (20 grams) on 2S spinning a 9X4.7.

I'm afraid mine is too porky and somewhere in between.
Jan 07, 2018, 08:24 PM
flyin' fool
In your using CF pushrods, all you need is one bearing in the middle causing a pre-flexed slight bow shape to eliminated any vibration or movement effecting the control inputs.
Jan 07, 2018, 08:33 PM
Out the Window
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
In your using CF pushrods, all you need is one bearing in the middle causing a pre-flexed slight bow shape to eliminated any vibration or movement effecting the control inputs.
Thanks for the information on pre-flexing the pushrods. It is new info for me...never thought of that. I am sure I have installed pushrods with a curve in them....but not on purpose. It would make the pushrod more stable!

Thanks.

Quick Reply