Sep 06, 2019, 03:09 AM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap
My older V3 was looking tatty.. but still going strong.... so I gave it some more paint and then redid the pdf files...
the pdf's are for a 23.5" span..

On the gartt 2204-1800 it hovers a treat using a 2s lipo and 8x4.3 gws sf type prop.. It flies lovely..

Using Adobe and scaling down by a couple of inches makes for a lighter model and gives a sharper performance on the same power setup..
Which glue did you use that is turning yellow?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2019, 09:26 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
I'm a fan of Beacon QuickGrip and Foam Tac. They're very similar, but FT has UV protection keeping it clear in sunlight whereas QG yellows with age. I imagine that's typical in the field. "Outdoor" products are usually UV protected and "craft" products aren't.
Sep 07, 2019, 12:34 AM
Everbuild lumberjack wood glue.. sets fast with moisture...
Its ok for laminating KF layers, being much cheaper than UHU por,
But it goes brittle after time and darkens up yellow...

UHU stays flexible and fairly clear.. although after a longish time ( year +) it does dry out, and de-lamination of layers on EPP is likely.
Last edited by davereap; Sep 07, 2019 at 12:42 AM.
Sep 07, 2019, 10:30 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
I've always felt the problem with EPP adhesion is you only have the sheared edges of bubbles to glue to. Very little effective surface area. So for me, tape on EPP is a sure loser.

But with adhesives that can be pushed down into the bubbles, you can get a really good grip. So what works best for me would be something like QuickGrip (perhaps UHU is similar if gooey) where I force it into the texture on both pieces, scrape off any excess and press them together. I've never had a failure even with age and abuse with that technique.
Sep 08, 2019, 02:41 PM
flyin' fool
Clear Gorilla is now the favorite here.
Sep 08, 2019, 02:48 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Have you done coupon tests with it? Didn't perform well on EPP for me. I think the only glue it beat was Elmer's white glue. Top were Liquid Nails Perfect, QuickGrip, FoamTac and hot glue. Gorilla white close behind. Exact rankings depended on how I prepared the samples.

Quick Reply