Aug 17, 2018, 12:09 PM
flyin' fool
Practice, practice, practice. That's the key to success.

I still do after over five decades of stick wiggling.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2018, 07:59 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Oh no -- 302 has had his identity stolen. His Quasar too.
Aug 19, 2018, 08:14 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
Oh no -- 302 has had his identity stolen. His Quasar too.
Nobody steals my Quasar! I have too much fun flying it

I asked for my newer account to be merged with my older account so I could access info on each one
Aug 19, 2018, 08:23 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Nobody steals my Quasar! I have too much fun flying it

I asked for my newer account to be merged with my older account so I could access info on each one
So now you should be 3ooOoo2 ?
Aug 20, 2018, 12:47 AM
"long stretch of water..."
😅😄😆
Aug 20, 2018, 04:27 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
So now you should be 3ooOoo2 ?
I'm confused enough having only 1 name lol
Aug 23, 2018, 12:55 PM
Thread OP
Hi Guys, glad you all are still enjoying the Quasar. Mine hasn't been flown much this summer as I've been flying bigger stuff but now that the calendar is getting ready to turn to September it's time to dust it off and get it flying. I need to update some packs so I'm on the hunt for lightweight 300mah to 350mah packs. I also plan on talking with Greg at WMPF next week and I'll be sure to put in the good word for a larger version.

goldguy is correct in that lighter is better especially with the Quasar so build 'em light. I plan to build another for indoor flying this winter so I'll post pictures when I get it done. There are four or five guys in my club that claim the Quasar is their favorite indoor flyer so there should be plenty around this winter.
Aug 23, 2018, 01:00 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
I think the lightest way to go is to get lightened UMX Hyperions from Babble plus a matching connector for your esc, and another for a charger adapter. You can't beat losing a battery pigtail for shedding unnecessary weight. But you can't charge it without an adapter.

I shot WMPF an email query on a QXL, but got no response...didn't want to press it, so please do talk to him.
Aug 23, 2018, 02:04 PM
Quote:
I think the lightest way to go is to get lightened UMX Hyperions from Babble plus a matching connector for your esc, and another for a charger adapter. You can't beat losing a battery pigtail for shedding unnecessary weight. But you can't charge it without an adapter.

I shot WMPF an email query on a QXL, but got no response...didn't want to press it, so please do talk to him.

This is Barb
He did see the request but has not had time to do anything with it yet.
Aug 23, 2018, 02:40 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Thanks Barb.
Aug 23, 2018, 07:55 PM
flyin' fool
Quote:
But I gotta say skills are coming very slowly.
I have a FB who is at the top of his class when it comes to flying heli 3D. He claims it cost him thousands of dollars (don't tell anybody) and a thousand hour of his time to get to there. He's also a rep for manufactures, so the parts were probably at cost.

Another who flies fixed wing 3D (electron foamies) at the same level says the same thing, only a few hundred is cash and his wife know about every penny spent.
Aug 26, 2018, 04:57 AM
"long stretch of water..."
Still trying to get the hang (no pun intended) of hovering with the Quasar. Came close to a nose plant on one occasion.

Pat

Quasar 260818 (1 min 56 sec)
Aug 26, 2018, 01:35 PM
flyin' fool
Close. Move the battery back a little bit at a time to get it right. I think you have enough thrust, so learn to keep working that throttle.
Sep 03, 2018, 10:49 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
I tried a Graupner Slowfly 8.5x4 prop today. Straight out of the bag the balance was great so I tossed it on as-is. It's very smooth running and gave lots of power but also cut a couple minutes off of my fight time. Idk if it was the motor spinning the extra weight of the prop or what but the Quasar was always wanting to turn left a bit. Still was a great day and much fun running 4 more packs through it!
Sep 10, 2018, 06:00 PM
still alive and my favourite indoor flyer
quasar still my favorite 1 (5 min 32 sec)

quasar still my favorite 2 (4 min 6 sec)

Quick Reply