Quasar EPP 3D Delta - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 20, 2017, 10:29 PM

Quasar PDF

I made Dales file into a PDF for those of you that don't have cad.

WMPF is now hot wiring all of our foam in house. We have a block of foam cut to 7.5mm already cut. We will be adding this as well as 9mm and 6mm Hotwired foam to the site after the first of the year. In the meantime if anyone wants some of this foam shoot me an email at greg@wmparkflyers.com and we will hook you up.

Have fun building and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

Greg & Barb
WMParkFlyers.com

NOTE :
PDF Files have been moved to post#1
Last edited by WMParkFlyer; Dec 26, 2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Fixed Error-Tiled and fit on 24 x 36 sheet 9 sheets total
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2017, 11:36 PM
Flying Models for 55 Years
Greg, Thanks for converting the Quasar dxf to a one page pdf. I prefer the one page pdf's! I can print the pdf to any size I want!
I just received a order of your Hotwire Cut 6mm & 9mm Epp Foam. Barb did an excellent job boxing up my Foam! It arrived undamaged
and the quality of the Foam is second to none! I'm very Happy Thinking about placing another order

Thanks
Bobby
Last edited by Sixter; Dec 20, 2017 at 11:45 PM.
Dec 21, 2017, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMParkFlyer
I made Dales file into a PDF for those of you that don't have cad. I didnt have the chance to tile it yet. It has been 10 years since i have needed to tile print anything. If anyone wants to take on that task feel free.
Thanks for doing this Greg. I added the pdf to the first post in the thread.

Ok guys start building!
Last edited by r/cdawg; Dec 21, 2017 at 09:22 AM.
Dec 21, 2017, 06:13 PM
I just found this Thread and find your delta design to be just what I have been looking for. My buddies and I fly sport combat in the desert from January thru April and try to come up with a new airframe each year that will interest the group of us that have a wide range of flying skills. This fits the bill for size, weight, maneuverability, simplicity, and ease of repair.
Dec 21, 2017, 06:42 PM
flyin' fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
Ok guys start building!
Goin' as fast as I can.

All cut out, with CF slots and hinges melted out. Made two, a regular and small. Now to get the Foam-Tac tackin'.
Last edited by goldguy; Dec 21, 2017 at 06:48 PM.
Dec 21, 2017, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Goin' as fast as I can.

All cut out, with CF slots and hinges melted out. Made two, a regular and small. Now to get the Foam-Tac tackin'.
Hopefully the pdf drawing was helpful. Looking forward to seeing pics of your Quasars.
Dec 21, 2017, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamdlloyd
I just found this Thread and find your delta design to be just what I have been looking for. My buddies and I fly sport combat in the desert from January thru April and try to come up with a new airframe each year that will interest the group of us that have a wide range of flying skills. This fits the bill for size, weight, maneuverability, simplicity, and ease of repair.
That sounds like a lot of fun. Id like to see video of Quasars duking it out.
Dec 21, 2017, 09:55 PM
Flying Models for 55 Years
I just got home with my full size plans. I did both a 18" & 22" Wingspan plan.
Got to cut em out and make Templets

Bobby
Dec 21, 2017, 10:30 PM
flyin' fool
Great minds and all that......................

A 20 and 22 are on my bench. Going super light for indoor on the 20.

The 22 has an area of 2.39 sq. ft., even if I get it up to 6 ounces, that's only 2.5 OPST. Still fluffy light. And, the 20 is 1.97 sq. ft. and 5 ounces yields about the same.

I have to factor in the weight of my 1.9# EPP.

Back to the bench.................
Dec 22, 2017, 03:21 AM
flyin' fool
It's a start...................
Dec 22, 2017, 03:28 AM
flyin' fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamdlloyd
............ try to come up with a new airframe each year .......... size, weight, maneuverability, simplicity, and ease of repair.
Have you checked this one out ...........

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...on-Combat-Wing
Dec 22, 2017, 08:45 AM
Quote:
It's a start...................
Interesting version on the Quasar.
Dec 22, 2017, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixter
I just got home with my full size plans. I did both a 18" & 22" Wingspan plan.
Got to cut em out and make Templets

Bobby
Get 'er done.

Post pics of your progress.
Dec 22, 2017, 10:54 AM
flyin' fool
That's not the finished V stab/rudder, yet to cut as per plan. Just using up a scrap.

The 1X3 flat CF bow provides constant tension for rigidity with less weight. The cross bars are the same size.
Dec 22, 2017, 11:06 AM
Quote:
That's not the finished V stab/rudder, yet to cut as per plan. Just using up a scrap.

The 1X3 flat CF bow provides constant tension for rigidity with less weight. The cross bars are the same size.
The bow should work great. I thought about doing something along those lines also but then decided to tie the 3mm x 1mm strips into the nose to reinforce it there. I have found that after awhile the EPP starts to rip and tear around the motor from those sudden impacts with the closest planet.

Quick Reply