Quasar EPP 3D Delta - Page 23 - RC Groups
Feb 12, 2018, 04:02 PM
If Toads could Fly...

18 inch Quasar maiden...

The 18 inch Quasar maiden started off a little bumpy in a confined airspace, slightly tail heavy attitude and a sticking aileron linkage...
The Bradford pear tree actually helped me, this time.
A few adjustments and a repair, and the little Quasar flew pretty well... I wish I could say the same for me!
Take a look at the highlights...

18inQuasarMaiden (2 min 50 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2018, 07:32 PM
Flying Models for 55 Years
JFord2 I enjoyed your video! I saw more Wire Hits than I've seen in the past 35 years Great Flying, sounds like you had Fun And I really like your 18" Quasar
Feb 12, 2018, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFord2
The 18 inch Quasar maiden started off a little bumpy in a confined airspace, slightly tail heavy attitude and a sticking aileron linkage...
The Bradford pear tree actually helped me, this time.
A few adjustments and a repair, and the little Quasar flew pretty well... I wish I could say the same for me!
Take a look at the highlights...
That’s what I call durability testing.

I’m jealous of the fact you have no snow. We got dumped on again this past weekend with another foot of snow. Pretty much had my fill of it for this winter. Thankfully I do get a break from it in a week as I’m going to head on down to Bonita Beach and thaw out for a bit. ��
Last edited by r/cdawg; Feb 13, 2018 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Poor grammar.
Feb 13, 2018, 05:54 AM
If Toads could Fly...

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it...

Dawg, are you packing a Quasar for the trip? I went to the Keys last February, and I don't think the temps went below 70 F the whole week I was there. We have had several days of rain here with more on the way. I hope you fare well!

Sixter, I am still waiting on your video!
Feb 13, 2018, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Dawg, are you packing a Quasar for the trip?
Even though the weather forecasts are looking spectacular I unfortunately am not going to pack a Quasar along. We are flying down for a quick week long get away so no where to pack it.

Now in a couple years when I am able to sneak away from work for a longer break we will drive down and then I will pack as many planes as I can get in the Jeep.
Feb 13, 2018, 09:41 AM
Well, I flew today 14 degrees F and slight breeze wasn't too bad

quasar 00 (4 min 2 sec)
Feb 13, 2018, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall
Well, I flew today 14 degrees F and slight breeze wasn't too bad
Nice flying in tight quarters. With all the trees around it's almost like flying indoors but with a breeze blowing.

So is that the back forty of your property? Looks like a great place to spend a summer evening with a fire going in the pit and flying a Quasar with lights on it.
Feb 13, 2018, 11:52 AM
Squall Nice Flying! My Flying is also done in my yard! When flying I'm surrounded by Tress on 3 sides and the House behind me
Feb 13, 2018, 01:58 PM
If Toads could Fly...

back to the servos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
I have had dozens of 5g & 9g HXT servos and were happy with them until my last batch. I purchased a group of (5) HXT 500 and (4) went bad within a few flights.

I decided to try something different and lately have been using the Hitec HS-40. A bit more $$ at $10 each but so far they have been excellent. Plus if they get twitchy or quit working you can send them to Hitec and get them fixed or replaced.

I've also been looking at these http://www.buddyrc.com/emax-es9051-4...tal-servo.html as they look to be strong, light and cheap. Anyone out there with any experience with them?
Dawg, I just realized that I have the ES9051's installed on my 75% Aquarius... They have done an outstanding job, and I may go ahead and buy some more.
Feb 13, 2018, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Dawg, I just realized that I have the ES9051's installed on my 75% Aquarius... They have done an outstanding job, and I may go ahead and buy some more.
Thanks for the heads up JFord2. I think I'll pick up a set for a future project.
Feb 13, 2018, 04:16 PM
Hey, thanks guys! Actually, that area is where my leach bed is at, that's why no trees. Everywhere else is covered with trees. Good for FPV quad flying, but not airplanes!
Feb 13, 2018, 04:22 PM
I wanted to put the EMax ES9051 4.3 gram Servos on my Quasar, but everyone was out at that time!
I have about 30 HXT 5 gram Servos
Feb 13, 2018, 08:55 PM
When pigs fly rc
Nice videos guys. I thought the car was going to get you in the first one when you spiraled down.
Feb 14, 2018, 07:22 PM
This is such a good looking and well handling aircraft. Love it!
Feb 14, 2018, 08:16 PM
When pigs fly rc

Floats

I have really been enjoying this plane alot and I decided to add a float design that I have been working on. I hope the video does it justice as the lighting is not great.
Well here it is .
QUASAR ON FLOATS (6 min 24 sec)

Quick Reply