Jan 14, 2018, 06:51 PM
flyin' fool
Put a few toots on the Quasar today in calm conditions................... great fun and yes, a delta can knife edge.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2018, 08:39 PM
When pigs fly rc
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
My flying buddy Dale sent me a picture of his indoor fleet ready for this weeks indoor session. Looks like all the bases are covered.
Any way we can get some pics of the nutball from the bottom and side.
Looks like its a bit different from mine.
Thanks
Jan 14, 2018, 08:47 PM
When pigs fly rc
Just finished a quick and dirty build of the quasar. A kit would of been the better way to go for sure but im still paying off Christmas. Lol .
Jan 14, 2018, 10:46 PM
Thread OP
Looks good rcrich. Should fly real nice.
Jan 14, 2018, 10:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Put a few toots on the Quasar today in calm conditions................... great fun and yes, a delta can knife edge.
Awesome 😎.
Jan 15, 2018, 02:18 AM
flyin' fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
Any way we can get some pics of the nutball from the bottom and side.
Are you wanting pics of the NutBall or the Scrappy version?
Jan 15, 2018, 08:55 PM
When pigs fly rc
This is the one i was talking about. The tail is different. Was wondering if the rudder continued to the bottome of the ship.
Jan 15, 2018, 09:19 PM
Quote:
This is the one i was talking about. The tail is different. Was wondering if the rudder continued to the bottome of the ship.
Yes the WMPF kit will have the tail continued to the bottom of the fuse.

GM
Jan 15, 2018, 09:45 PM
When pigs fly rc
Very nice Greg. Does it fly different
Jan 15, 2018, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Very nice Greg. Does it fly different
well lets just say it has enough rudder to fly inverted!
Jan 16, 2018, 07:50 PM
When pigs fly rc
Thats awesome. ��
Jan 21, 2018, 06:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Not only can a delta knife edge the little Quasar EPP 3D delta can knife edge loop!

Old man winter loosened his grip and finally gave us a few bearable days here in January. Of course the wind was blowing on the sunny days but today the winds let up a bit but the clouds moved in. I’m still running the Sunnysky 2204-1480kv but switched props to an APC 9x4.6 slow fly 3D prop. More top end speed but still great low and slow 3D handling. 5 minute flights on a 2s/325 battery.

The knife edge loop is at the 1:16 mark. I was using my hat cam and missed the very top of the loop but did get the beginning and end.

Quasar EPP 3D Delta Winter Fun (2 min 1 sec)
Last edited by r/cdawg; Jan 21, 2018 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Corrected prop size to 9x4.6
Jan 21, 2018, 06:57 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Just ordered a kit. Hope I can get it as well behaved as yours. I'm only starting 3D...have a Piaget2 and a TH Yak 55SL. The Quasar should fit in nicely with those two, flying out of tight sites.
Jan 21, 2018, 07:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
Just ordered a kit. Hope I can get it as well behaved as yours. I'm only starting 3D...have a Piaget2 and a TH Yak 55SL. The Quasar should fit in nicely with those two, flying out of tight sites.
Nice to have you on board. I have a flying buddy who has been flying 3D foamies with me for 7 or 8 years. The Quasar has become his favorite 3D plane because of how easy it flies both 3D and normally. You’ll have fun with it.
Jan 21, 2018, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
Not only can a delta knife edge the little Quasar EPP 3D delta can knife edge loop!

Old man winter loosened his grip and finally gave us a few bearable days here in January. Of course the wind was blowing on the sunny days but today the winds let up a bit but the clouds moved in. I’m still running the Sunnysky 2204-1480kv but switched props to an APC 9x4.8 slow fly 3D prop. More top end speed but still great low and slow 3D handling. 5 minute flights on a 2s/325 battery.

The knife edge loop is at the 1:16 mark. I was using my hat cam and missed the very top of the loop but did get the beginning and end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QJznsxixEpo
Thanks for posting the motor and prop you use, I may order the same. Which 2s 325mah battery do you use?

I have a bunch of little 3s 240mah batteries. I wonder if I could use them with a lower KV motor?

Quick Reply