This thread is privately moderated by montis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 09, 2017, 04:42 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

AOKoda CX610 1S battery charger review

AOKoda has released a series of 1S battery chargers. We have a choice of 3 chargers: CX605 (charge current range: 0.1A-0.5A), CX610 (charge current range: 0.1A-1A) and CX610 HV 4.35V version for charging LiHV batteries (but it can not charge 3.7V lipo batteries). Lets take a look at the CX610 version of the charger.

In the box you'll find charger istself, instruction manual, 3 pcs of JST-PH to micro Losi (Molex 2.0mm) and 3 pcs of JST-PH to JST 2.54mm apdapter cables.

Charger can be powered from XT60 plug. You can use bigger LiPo batteries in the field.  Charger supports 3-6S (9-26V) Lipo input. Alternatively you can power from DC roung 3.5mm jack input with voltage range of 9-26V.

On the other side of the charger you'll find micro USB power input (simple mobile phone charger can be used as power source) and USB port for charging output (0.5A-2.4A).

Charger has JST-PH (2.0mm pitch, also called mCPX) and PicoBlade (1.25mm pitch also incorrectly called as EFlite MCX ) connector slots. 3pcs on the one side:

And 3 pcs on another side:

There are also 3 adapter cables from JST-PH to Molex and 3 adapters from JST-PH to JST 2.54mm plug.

Once power source is connected, charger shows source voltage and starts to scan for connected batteries - green light is alternatingly swhitching from 1 to 6:

You can select the power source as DC or Battery by long pressing the V button and selecting the source by short pressing the same V button. Press A button to confirm the setting:

Once battery source is selected, it automatically detects the cell range and sets the low voltage cuttof accordingly. You can set your desired cutoff voltage by short pressing V button on the charger and cycling the voltage values with pressing V button while low voltage is displayed. Short press on the button A confirms the setting:

When the power source voltage drops down to the Low voltage setting, the charger will display "Lo" warning and will stop all batteries charging.

To change the charging current setting, press shortly the A button. Charging curent will be shwn on the display. Press V button to cycle the current setting and press A button to confirm:

Once battery is connected, charger automatically starts charging. While charging Display indicates the number of the battery and the current voltage of the battery:

Green LED indiccates that charging of the particular battery is complete.

You can charge the batteries and your mobile phone simultaneously!

Charging current setting is single for all charging ports, unfortunately you cannot set individually for every battery. This means you shouldn't charge small batteries (eg. 150mAh) with a bigger batteries (eg.500mAh), when chacrging current is set more than 0.5A.

GOOD

Individual charging of up to 6 batteries simultaneously
Changeable charging current from 0.1A up to 1.0A
Battery voltage display for each battery while charging
Automatic charge start
USB charging port with up to 2,4A current
Can be powered from: XT60 battery, DC 3.5mm  or micro USB input.
Configurable power source low voltage cutoff
Automatic LiPo battery cell count detection and cutoff voltage setting

BAD

Cannot set charging current individually for every battery
No charge to storage voltage function
No built-in Molex connector type slots (but adapters included)

CONCLUSION

Truly universal and versatile charger. Up to 6 batteries charged simultaneously, but each battery charging is controlled individually. You can see the each battery charged voltage while charging is in progress. Can use either LiPo battery, either DC power adapter or any mobile phone charger as power source. Has low voltage cutoff, so it will not drain your pricy bigger lipo batteries used as power source. The biggest cons for me is absence of Molex connector type slots, but the adapter cables are provided, so I still can charge my batteries. Other than that I do recommend this charger for everyday, everywhere usage. Really satisfied with it.

Can be purchased @ Banggood: https://www.banggood.com/AOK-CX605-C...ampaign=montis

Disclaimer: This charger was purchased by myself.
Last edited by montis; Oct 09, 2017 at 04:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2017, 01:51 AM
imperfundities incussus rex
Thanks for the review, I just purchased one and had a question or two.
Some times when I am charging the red light blinks on and off a few times but keeps charging this happens when there are anywhere from 3 to six batteries. The batteries I am charging are 205 mah (230mah HV) batteries that have been used and charged on a non HV charger to 4.20 volts. The charger also does not charge all the batteries to 4.35 v. some to 4.22, others to 4.33 which is fine, could this be because the batteries have not been charged to 4.35v before? I am charging at .02 amps and am using a usb cord (thick) to a multi port wall plug @ 5v 2400 mah per port max. I ordered new batteries at the same time as the charger, waiting for them to arrive to give them a try and see how they charge. Any advice would be great. Batteries? power source? send back for replacement? Oh I have the 610HV.

Thanks
Bill
Dec 30, 2017, 03:05 AM
Thread OP
Could be a battery aging, but there can be something wrong with 610 HV.
I have noticed that diffrrent ports charge to different voltages on my CX610. Check if the same charging ports are giving you the constant bad results.
Jan 03, 2018, 07:16 PM
When you power up the charger does it remember the last current setting you used? Or do you need to set it every time?
Jan 04, 2018, 12:43 AM
Thread OP
Yes, it does remmember the settings. Otherwise it would be very inconvenient to use it.
Jan 13, 2018, 08:03 AM
Just bought one. The CX610. Every port charge the batteries to a different voltage and all of them overcharge the batteries For example the port one charges to 4,22, port 2 to 4,25, port 3 to 4,23, etc.... I'm using the USB port for power up the charger. I'm going to try with the 3,5mm port and 12V power input. For now bad feelings.....
Anyone has a charger that don't overcharge the batteries? I got a lemmon?

Edit: Tried with a 12V power input. Exactly the same.... Any other charger more reliable to buy?
Last edited by connerESP; Jan 13, 2018 at 01:59 PM.
Jan 14, 2018, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Could be a battery aging, but there can be something wrong with 610 HV.
I have noticed that diffrrent ports charge to different voltages on my CX610. Check if the same charging ports are giving you the constant bad results.
Mine does the same, but 5 from 6 ports overcharge the batteries (one port charges to 4,26 ). Do your charger overcharge the batteries?
Mar 17, 2018, 05:53 PM
I crush you
I really am surprised about the complaint about the voltage variance. 4.22/4.22/4.26 - Yeah, it's over 4.2 volts, but that's still perfectly safe even for a standard lipo. Not to mention, the variance is less than .05 of a volt. That sounds like acceptable tolerance to me. But what do I know?
Apr 17, 2018, 02:08 AM
Can I ask you about oponion to my question at EACHINE E010 Mini (in construction)?
Thank you!

I redirecting because I know some people are subscribed just to some threads and I don't want to post the same question in other threads. Thanks for understanding!
Apr 17, 2018, 04:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech1
Can I ask you about oponion to my question at EACHINE E010 Mini (in construction)?
Thank you!

I redirecting because I know some people are subscribed just to some threads and I don't want to post the same question in other threads. Thanks for understanding!
I would recommend Ultra Power UP-S6. AOKoda CX610 1S battery charger is under/over charging the batteries, voltage is not so accurate. Also my device burned out when I managed to plug the battery reversed. So no reverse polarity protection. I will update the review.
Dec 04, 2018, 05:44 PM
So if I understand correctly, this particular charger CX605 can be used to charge several eflite blade batteries with a connector 1.25 at once?

kind regards
Steven
Dec 05, 2018, 04:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_DaD
So if I understand correctly, this particular charger CX605 can be used to charge several eflite blade batteries with a connector 1.25 at once?

kind regards
Steven

Yes it can.
In fact I have burned my CX610 charger by plugging accidently the wrong battery polarity. My fault, but the charger nas no polarity protection.
Dec 05, 2018, 04:11 PM
thanks Montis!
Dec 05, 2018, 04:23 PM
Thread OP
I would suggest to look at these two chargers, that can charge 6 battteries with the 1.25 connector.

https://www.banggood.com/6-In-1-3-7V...r_warehouse=CN
Name: 1e778659-d7d6-4afb-aedf-af3004bf34cb.JPG
Views: 4
Size: 79.6 KB
Description:

https://www.banggood.com/Ultra-Power...r_warehouse=CN
Name: 99161fe1-8c45-4fbb-8e2b-d95bb6df9984.jpg
Views: 4
Size: 22.5 KB
Description:

They also have selectable Lipo /LiHV modes. So if you happen to need to charge LiHV batteries - they are better choice. CX605 and CX610 dont have selectable LiHV mode.
I have both and I still can't decide which is better. Probably will use both CX610 has retired into junk box.
Dec 10, 2018, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
I would suggest to look at these two chargers, that can charge 6 battteries with the 1.25 connector.

https://www.banggood.com/6-In-1-3-7V...r_warehouse=CN
Attachment 11401291

Attachment 11401293

They also have selectable Lipo /LiHV modes. So if you happen to need to charge LiHV batteries - they are better choice. CX605 and CX610 dont have selectable LiHV mode.
I have both and I still can't decide which is better. Probably will use both CX610 has retired into junk box.
Hi Montes,

once again, thank you for the advice... I ended up buying/ ordering an Ultra power up S6 (with a 220V connection).

Quick Reply