Programming YEP 90 amp ESC/BEC - RC Groups
Oct 08, 2017, 10:42 AM
Discussion

Programming YEP 90 amp ESC/BEC

I just purchased a YEP 90 ESC from Hobby King and I'm confused by the two leads coming from the ESC. I don't want to use the BEC feature, so first I want to know how to disable it. Second, it looks like the lead that plugs into the throttle channel has the coil. My guess this is the lead that plugs into the programming card (minus the red wire). Now, what is the second lead coming from the ESC for and can it be unused if I power the programming card with my radio battery? Any help would be appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2017, 04:05 PM
I am a nice guy! Really!
A link to your actual ESC would be good. The Hobby King search does not yield anything with two leads as you describe.
Oct 08, 2017, 04:21 PM
Mike, here's the link with two views of the controller. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/yep-90a-...able-sbec.html The two leads are visible on the second picture.
Oct 08, 2017, 05:31 PM
I think I have it programmed now. I have no idea why HK or YEP ship their controllers without instructions. Thanks Mike.
Oct 08, 2017, 11:39 PM
I am a nice guy! Really!
They do have manuals in that listing under the "Upload Files" tab.
Nov 06, 2017, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dubovsky
They do have manuals in that listing under the "Upload Files" tab.
They do, however in this case it is written in german ...
What I understand is that both cables have the same function, with one as master and the other as slave. Probably for use in models with two receivers.