Dec 17, 2017, 04:37 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by redh
SORRY but those looked like a LACK of respect for other campers. RED
Don't apologize RED I felt the same way about folk who don't use common sense and judgement. But there wasn't a video with the same quad flying in a field of posies.

It was moreover just a representation of the abilities of the unit.

You get the picture, right?

b
Last edited by rikybob; Dec 17, 2017 at 05:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2017, 05:30 PM
It really depends on the campground. Looking at videos 2 and 3 - assuming the RV and VW camper-van were together in video 2, and that the camp site was the flyer's camp site in video 3, they didn't look unreasonable for many campgrounds. Many state park campgrounds are not especially quiet places during the day, and a whoop isn't too loud in such an environment (where AC units and the like are common). Both had lots of open space, and flying took place in the flyer's camp site and open space, not getting close to others' camp sites.

There are some campgrounds that are especially quiet (e.g. small National Forest or COE campgrounds) where it would be frowned on, but the campgrounds in the videos didn't look like that.

Personally, I don't find quad flying as fun as airplanes though. Different strokes ...
Dec 17, 2017, 05:35 PM
FWIW, I've never done what's shown in the videos. I work, and have kids in school, which means my camping opportunities are generally during the summer and weekends - the parks are just too full at those times for flying.
Dec 17, 2017, 05:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
It really depends on the campground. Looking at videos 2 and 3 - assuming the RV and VW camper-van were together in video 2, and that the camp site was the flyer's camp site in video 3, they didn't look unreasonable for many campgrounds. Many state park campgrounds are not especially quiet places during the day, and a whoop isn't too loud in such an environment (where AC units and the like are common). Both had lots of open space, and flying took place in the flyer's camp site and open space, not getting close to others' camp sites.

There are some campgrounds that are especially quiet (e.g. small National Forest or COE campgrounds) where it would be frowned on, but the campgrounds in the videos didn't look like that.

Personally, I don't find quad flying as fun as airplanes though. Different strokes ...
Quote:
FWIW, I've never done what's shown in the videos. I work, and have kids in school, which means my camping opportunities are generally during the summer and weekends - the parks are just too full at those times for flying.
Yah, I was just being polite to RED.

One's opinion can be shared in a dozen ways, less terse .

As for me, you're right. I have three 1m sailboats, an air boat, a 500mm helicopter a myriad of fixed wing and a combo, The Convergence that is VTOL. Additionally three multi rotor.

Two more on the way.

I like to mix things up.

I've been to hundreds of campgrounds (my vocation) and there are MANY places to play. Your characterization above is VERY correct.

b
Convergence FPV 7 (5 min 36 sec)
Last edited by rikybob; Dec 17, 2017 at 07:06 PM.
Dec 18, 2017, 05:09 PM
Thread OP

UMX ICON A5 water ops....

....yeppers,

This ones coming with, too....

b

UMX ICON A5 fly! (5 min 28 sec)
Dec 18, 2017, 05:26 PM
Thread OP
Lil Timby dog comedy! (7 min 21 sec)
Dec 24, 2017, 06:17 AM
Thread OP
This little joker will be in my cadre' as well....

Dec 24, 2017, 09:26 AM
Just curious - do you drive that FPV?
Dec 24, 2017, 10:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Just curious - do you drive that FPV?
On occasion....

Everest 10 FPV first time! (6 min 0 sec)
Dec 24, 2017, 10:17 AM
Thread OP

Teksumo!

Yah, this one is going to need to come with...

B

Teksumo foggy blather! (4 min 34 sec)

Teksumo foggy fly! (4 min 21 sec)
Dec 24, 2017, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
Kind of bounces around a lot. Nor surprising I suppose with the knobby tires. Love the dog, btw.
Dec 28, 2017, 06:25 PM
Thread OP

Going RVing....

... and this is what's under the bed!

B
Dec 28, 2017, 06:44 PM
I'm jealous (of the lifestyle). Someday I'll be able to retire...
Jan 05, 2018, 08:23 AM
Thread OP

Yeah baby!

Terrorizing a perfectly quite, old folks RV park near you!

b

Whooping it up at the house with my new Furibee F46s (10 min 15 sec)
Jan 05, 2018, 07:19 PM
Thread OP

Ummmmm?

....yeah!

b

F46s backyard whoop! 01/05/2017 (21 min 38 sec)

Quick Reply