Oct 08, 2017, 07:17 AM
Multirotor geek
Thread OP
Discussion

Illegal immigrant facing child sex assault charges agrees to pretrial detention

Quote:
http://www.trentonian.com/general-ne...rial-detention

An undocumented immigrant accused of sexually assaulting a 6-year-old girl will remain locked up at the Mercer County Correction Center pending final resolution of his case.

Edgar Mendoza, a 32-year-old citizen of Guatemala, consented to pretrial detention on Friday and told the judge he understood exactly what he was doing.

“Due to my situation here, the fact that I don’t have my papers and the fact that I am facing those charges, I think I am going to have to be detained,” Mendoza said through an interpreter.

Trenton Police Officer Gilbert Quinones arrested Mendoza on Sept. 19, charging him with counts of burglary, endangering the welfare of a child, sexual assault and aggravated sexual assault.

Mendoza is accused of unlawfully entering a Bayard Street home, molesting the 6-year-old victim in her bed and jumping out the second-floor window after the child’s father found Mendoza in bed with the victim.

After Mendoza jumped out of the window about 1:30 a.m., the father called police and provided a description of the alleged pedophile. Detectives from the Trenton Police Street Crimes Unit later found Mendoza, and the child’s parent positively identified him as the man who was in bed with his kid, police said, adding that detectives soon learned the victim had been sexually assaulted by Mendoza.

Clyde
Oct 08, 2017, 09:01 AM
Mumbling in the corner.
Put him in with the general prison population. They'll deal with him.

Quick Reply