Restoring esky honey bee 3 blade - RC Groups
Oct 07, 2017, 01:24 PM
aka - Knight Hawke
Help!

Restoring esky honey bee 3 blade

it's all in pieces. Need to find out how and where all the wires go.
Mixer 001337 and receiver 001367.
I also have an e-fly er61 2.4ghz
And
A sky-706.
That came with the heli.
Any help will be appreciated
Joe
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2017, 01:16 AM
If you are experienced flying helis then this could be an interesting effort. If you are new to the hobby, don't head down this path. That machine nearly convinced me rc helicopters were impossible to fly. I tried, crashed and rebuilt mine when parts were readily available.

They are toy grade at best and using the stock electronics will drive you crazy.

A 450Pro clone after my HB3 finally allowed me to fly and progress.

Best of luck.
Oct 10, 2017, 07:13 PM
Cá bhfuil an linn snámha?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher
If you are experienced flying helis then this could be an interesting effort. If you are new to the hobby, don't head down this path. That machine nearly convinced me rc helicopters were impossible to fly. I tried, crashed and rebuilt mine when parts were readily available.

They are toy grade at best and using the stock electronics will drive you crazy.

Best of luck.
Can't agree more.

I think it's not worth the aggro unless you are particularly determined to do it for a very strong reason.
Oct 10, 2017, 10:44 PM
Destroyer of Threads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Simmons
it's all in pieces. Need to find out how and where all the wires go.
Mixer 001337 and receiver 001367.
I also have an e-fly er61 2.4ghz
And
A sky-706.
That came with the heli.
Any help will be appreciated
Joe
Are you talking about the Honey Bee CT?

I have one of those, donated by a forum member, but I swapped out the original electronics and they are still packed
away from the last move.

Here is a video of the CT (not my video).

Esky Honey Bee CT Testrun (0 min 41 sec)

It would be a fun project if you already have experience with CP helicopters, but if you are new to this
I recommend a more modern helicopter.

The CT has a flybarless head, but no FBL controller and is not as stable as current FBL machines.

Also, if you crash it, parts will be hard to find.

There is a bright side though... it is somewhat stable considering there is no mechanical or electronic stabilization,
and it's almost on par with a flybar equipped heli of the same size. The 3 blade head is ultra smooth and it sounds
great in the air. The best part is that if you learn to fly this well, you can probably fly anything.

Here is a link to the manual: https://hbfpnl.files.wordpress.com/2...ney-bee-ct.pdf

Here are some thoughts from other CT owners (brace yourself ).

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-CT-CPX-Thread

This is a harsh but accurate review.

Esky Honeybee CT talk about by Kevin and Elaine (12 min 17 sec)

The tail motor works great in 200 size 2S machines, but is pushed too hard on the 3S CT, even with the slick looking heatsink.
Last edited by Steve_; Oct 11, 2017 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added links
Oct 20, 2017, 10:39 PM
aka - Knight Hawke
This for the input.
Yes it is a CT.
And I do fly cp helicopters.
Waiting for some parts to arrive.
Will let every one up to date on my.
Rebuild.
Still would like to here from others out there
Thks
Oct 21, 2017, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher

Best of luck.
-I agree with your post except for the "toy-grade" description of the model. In my opinion, even though they look like flying popsicle sticks, they are hobby grade models. Back then, the esky/blade, FP/CP helis were a legitimate alternative to learning helis on a 450 or larger. I learned on an Esky CP2(the 72mHz, CP older version of the FP3. I remember lots of fliers who followed that path. But with todays alternatives, like you, I wouldn't recommend it if the OP has other options to learn...
Oct 21, 2017, 10:06 AM
Destroyer of Threads
It's definitely not "toy grade".

It's a true hobby grade model, with plenty of CNC machined parts.

Like I said, it would be a fun project. Now I want to get mine going.

I even found the box. Too bad the cat found it first.
Last edited by Steve_; Oct 21, 2017 at 12:47 PM.
Oct 24, 2017, 06:01 AM
Toy grade at best?? I think not.

Many people learned how to fly on a Honey Bee. I still fly mine, and I never had a problem with it. It’s a fun heli and what makes it great is that it actually teaches you how to handle a heli. It was absolutely one of the best next-step helis from a coaxial. The Honey Bees had no stabilization other than a long flybar, and they were ideal in the days before gyros practically fly the helis for the pilot now.
Oct 24, 2017, 12:50 PM
rc user
having experience flying CP helis now, I'd be interested to see how "hard" they are to fly.
from reading threads years ago, lots of people got turned off by these birds.
Oct 24, 2017, 12:58 PM
Destroyer of Threads
It was the second CP that I ever hovered, but I never got any further for fear or wrecking it.

For a novice pilot, it didn't seem much harder to hover than my first CP, a HK250GT.

(Both of these models were generously donated by Balr14 when I was between jobs.)

Here is a quick clip of me scooting around.

I even got it to hold still for a second or two.

HB CT Hover (0 min 45 sec)

Of course actually flying it around might be a completely different story, and I'm curious myself to see just how
difficult they are to manage now that I can do figure 8's without crashing.
Last edited by Steve_; Oct 24, 2017 at 01:13 PM.
Oct 24, 2017, 01:20 PM
Destroyer of Threads
It looks like there was an updated version of this model.

This one looks much better.

3 axis gyro, variable pitch tail, magnetic canopy.... I like.

3 BLADED Rotor head. ESKY Twinstar Helicopter test from Xheli.com. (9 min 46 sec)
Oct 26, 2017, 04:00 PM
aka - Knight Hawke

3 in 1

This is what I have.
Guessing the top 2 pins. For the tail rotor
Next lead. Channel 3 rudder
Next lead. Channel 4 rudder
Next lead. !!!!!! Power to motor. Or from battery
Bottom 2 pins. ,,,,,,for the motor. Or. Battery.

Any ideas. On what goes where.
This is what I have with receiver
And 3 servos
And battery
Oct 27, 2017, 11:29 AM
tail runs on less voltage,so if you plug the main moter into tail slot and try that the main will
just spool up to very low rpm at w ide open
Oct 27, 2017, 06:20 PM
aka - Knight Hawke
Anyone know.
Cannot find the right 3 in 1
Which has 4 wires.

If the tail goes to the top two pins.
What goes to the bottom two pins.
What hooks up to the jst plug.
Oct 27, 2017, 10:57 PM
Joe the jst is for battery, top plug is tail then bottom is main motor right?!
I actually had one of those heli's but mine had a 4in1 that very different than what you have and in your pics I don't see where you plug in the 3 swash servo's?