Which F3P Plane to Buy - RC Groups
Oct 07, 2017, 12:22 PM
Discussion

Which F3P Plane to Buy

If you had only $100 to spend on a F3P Plane which kit would you buy, and why this kit ? And from whom would you purchase it? Thank's UC
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2017, 04:56 PM
Couple of guys in my Indoor club have the Twisted Hobbys Clik. Flies nicely.

https://twistedhobbys.com/th-33-epp-...uper-lite-red/

I had a "Clik Clone" from HobbyKing called a Matrix. It's a little heavier, the Clik flies better.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykin...f-w-motor.html

After beating the Matrix into submission I built a Bandit from plans.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post38424090

Good luck!
Oct 09, 2017, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecrash
If you had only $100 to spend on a F3P Plane which kit would you buy, and why this kit ? And from whom would you purchase it? Thank's UC
I wouldn't buy a kit of any sort. Foamies are too easy to scratchbuild to pay someone to cut a couple pieces of foam for you. I would go to this thread, stickied in this forum:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0372-F3P-plans

Find a design that tickles your fancy and download it, have Kinko's or Staples print it for you (<$10 at most) and then get to work. Making templates and cutting the foam pieces will take an evening at most and then you are equal to your kit for less than $10 to print a plan off and a couple hours of your time.

YMMV, though.

Mark
Oct 10, 2017, 06:39 PM
For $80 and free shipping you can get an Armonia. Includes motor and servos. From Nitroplanes.com; click on free shipping

The Armonia is as close to an F3P ship as you can get. As far as the motor and servos, I have no idea of the quality but you can always substitute for better, lighter servos.

Vince

Nothing wrong with the Click either; just not as light.
Oct 10, 2017, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Caluori
For $80 and free shipping you can get an Armonia. Includes motor and servos. From Nitroplanes.com; click on free shipping

The Armonia is as close to an F3P ship as you can get. As far as the motor and servos, I have no idea of the quality but you can always substitute for better, lighter servos.

Vince

Nothing wrong with the Click either; just not as light.
There on sale for 60 bucks and all bought up. I like it nice shape wonder if nitro will get more not holdin my breathe on that one.
Oct 10, 2017, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys If I do build it will be carbon and mylar.
Oct 12, 2017, 07:35 PM
Try Motion RC they have several techone kits available with or without electronics. I have an Armonia flys great! Yogi
Oct 13, 2017, 12:50 PM

Which model?

I'm a rank amateur and primarily a glider flyer. I never trained my left hand and I'm now working on acrobatics. My first F3P was a HobbyKing Galaxy which flew fine, but the foam was very weak and I destroyed it in 3 or 4 flights. I read about the Click, built one, transferred the electronics and started flying. After numerous encounters with walls, basketball hoops and the floor, the Click is still alive and well. It has gained 10 grams from it's as-built weight but still flies well. If you are an experienced flyer, longevity might not be an issue for for a beginner like me it's important.
Oct 25, 2017, 04:25 AM
Just finishing a Metis. Milled depron and lots of carbon fiber. Can't wait to try it out.

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...s-f3p-blue-arb

RonJ
Oct 28, 2017, 02:30 AM
Metis finished, but overweight--155 grams, only 5 grams less than my non milled EPP Inferno.

Have yet to fly it but hoping it will fly even slower.

RonJ
Nov 04, 2017, 09:38 AM
OK, maidened the Metis and was delightfully surprised with the performance. Slow and very predictable. I usually take it pretty easy on maidening a new airplane but this thing begged to be wrung out. Tight loops, super slow hammer heads, tail slides, etc....

I like it. it may not be a super light carbon/film jobbie but for less than $100 bucks it sure is a fun flyer for indoor or no wind outdoor.

RonJ
Nov 06, 2017, 09:27 AM

Metis

I even built a box for it to get it to the gym on windy days

RonJ
Nov 13, 2017, 05:05 PM
If you want a real F3P model, check out Pauzulolis-rc.com. It is called the Super Trino 2018. Depron laser cut only 25Euros. Donatas offers a menu of completion items. His shop is reliable and fast.

Vince
Nov 13, 2017, 06:38 PM
Senior to who? Member
WOW, Vince thats totally awesome, great looking design and I'd think the perfect stepping stone from old school depron planes to CF rod designs. The whole concept of making it accessible to everyone is SO needed to keep the discipline alive and growing. And if we are lucky, it might lead to more places to fly indoors to meet demand.
It would be super easy to knock one of these out, even hand cut. I think I'll try converting the outline of the Rane to a depron skeleton like this to laser cut, its been on my mind ever since I built my Vision 3D kit shown below. Its EPP on the outline.
Nov 19, 2017, 01:34 PM
Northwestern U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ
I even built a box for it to get it to the gym on windy days

RonJ
Your transport box looks as good as the plane.