Nov 09, 2004, 03:07 PM
Thread OP
Yippee!

build a fomie from scratch for a school project; Help Needed to

Hay guys, i know it has been a long while scince i posted here (school work has realy picked up now in the 6th form)

but any way i am doing my year in AS, and a un missabel opertunity turned up for my technolgy cw, i plan to build a flying wing from scratch.

So far i have got a few ready out of the box planes and a helicompter (i usually only post in the helicopter foroom)

but now i would like to build a flying wing and make the speed controler my self. (and the Tx and Rx if i have time)

what would be a great help is if you guys could explane roughly how to make a bec speed controler roughly (i understand the normal speed controler) but i was wondering how you make it a bec, and iff not what do you plug into the rx to power it.

any help on how to actually make the main wing would also be a help, in particular the shape of the croxx secton. i plan to make it out of epp foam (well some similar stuff the school has)

see pics

many thanks, i will keep you updated

Jarg
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2004, 03:11 PM
Thread OP

Parts so far:

so far i have ordered

2 x 380 motors
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=490

2 x 18g servos
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=593

i have also ordered some other minor stuff like wiers and covering tape, and a load of props, i was wondering what would be the best size to use on a 380 motor

also what weight should i aim to keep it under

many thanks

Jarg
Nov 09, 2004, 03:57 PM
A BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit) is simply a 5V voltage regulator with a 5V output.

The 3 pin regulator (LM2940C-5.0) do all the work only needs an electrolitic condensers before and another after the regulator. If the battery is 7-cell NiMh or more you can even use a 7805 (very easy to find on any electronic parts store).

I found a very easy to build and good working speed control project in http://www.designsoft.com.au/ahome/rc/PIC-ESC/ESC.html

If you want to keep as simple as possible, use the no break version and eliminate r1, r2, c1, c5, r6 (connect pin 4 to 5V), w1, c3. It will have no cutoff, no break, but will more simple to build.

If you took off C2, R4 and R5 it will be a 5 piece ESC and still works well, but the motor will spin a little when turn on.
Last edited by alexcmag; Nov 09, 2004 at 04:13 PM.
Nov 09, 2004, 04:04 PM
Thread OP
thansk so much, this should be perfect

Jarg

Quick Reply