Oct 06, 2017, 08:34 PM
Thread OP
Question

FlySky Fs-IA6B Receiver

Hello there,
I started to build my first quadcopter. I'm using Pixhawk 2. I bought FlySky FS-i6 as a transmitter. It also includes FS-IA6B as a receiver. My question is very simple, how i wire this receiver to my pixhawk. I know FS-IA6B has ppm output. But the receiver package only includes antennas and bind plug. So how can i connect FS-IA6B to pixhawk 2 ? Should i have to buy any thing?
Thank you for your answers, and sorry for my stupid question
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2017, 05:33 AM
@mbasaran95
Connection is simple, for PPM use pins marked with red.
But better option is using SBUS - use my fw for I6 change output mode to PPM/SBUS and use IBUS port acting as SBUS.
Apr 09, 2018, 01:25 PM
@qba 667
"use my fw for I6"- can you please explain it a bit more ?
Thanks in advance....
Apr 12, 2018, 02:56 AM
@qba667 in factory I6, you can not force SBUS, using firmware I have improved it is possible.
https://github.com/qba667/FlySkyI6
Sep 17, 2018, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qba667
@qba667 in factory I6, you can not force SBUS, using firmware I have improved it is possible.
https://github.com/qba667/FlySkyI6
Hi,can you explain how to do it, i flashed your firmware, but the setup is not evident?
Also, i do not understand why in ppm , ch6 is "used" and so not availlable...i noticed that in MP , its moving with Ch5.
Thank you
Sep 17, 2018, 09:00 AM
@francoisphil in settings of I6 you can select output mode PWM/PPM IBUS/SBUS.
Check firmware wiki page.
Channel 6 is used because you have selected HELI as model type check here:
https://github.com/benb0jangles/FlyS...Mod-/issues/64
Sep 17, 2018, 06:45 PM
Thank you for your fast answer,everything working fine, now , i have 10ch in s_bus and 8 in PPPM
Thanks again
Last edited by francoisphil; Sep 18, 2018 at 12:15 AM.
Sep 18, 2018, 04:29 AM

new problem

I had to go back to PPM , for some reason, so i get back my 8 channels working , but when i switch off the transmitter , all my Radio IN in Mission Planner /Failsafe go to Zero, i checked with a scope , there is still signal delivered by the receiver, something i am missing?

Hi, what i have discovered , is that with your modification , Ch7 and 8 , become very short , when TX is OFF, then the Pixhawk does not acknowledge the PPM signal anymore, so how to setup my fail-safe ?
Last edited by francoisphil; Sep 18, 2018 at 08:53 PM.
Sep 20, 2018, 09:30 AM
@francoisphil the fail-safe configuration for those 2 channels must be added, I have to find free time to do it, I think there is already issue listen on github.
Jul 24, 2019, 09:51 AM
Can anyone explain me what the 2 cables coming out of receiver are actually meant by..?🙃🙃
Nov 10, 2019, 07:55 AM

Ibus/Sbus

Hello all...
I am connecting an FS-ia6b receiver to a flight controller that does not work with Ibus. It needs PWM or Sbus. I have not seen anything saying this receiver works with Sbus. But, according to the label on the receiver, there is an Sbus connector. So, for grins, I connected the Sbus output on the receiver to the Sbus input on the flight controller, set the transmitter (Taranis QX7) to use sbus, and it works. So, is this receiver Sbus capable, or am I just totally confused?
Thank you for your time.

Ed

Update... I thought the FS-IA6b and the Turnigy TGY-IA6B were identical, but maybe not. I see the TGY is advertised and labelled as being SBus capable, but the FS version is not. I am using the TGY version (incorrectly stated above). Possibly flashing the FS receiver with the TGY firmware will light up SBus on the FS version. I have a box full of spare FS version receivers, so I may chase this down that road. It would be good, for me, to be able to use SBus on these. Maybe the FS version is already Sbus capable, and not documented. That's easy enough to tell, just by trying one.
Sorry for the confusion. It's too early.
Last edited by ed4353; Nov 10, 2019 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Correction
Nov 10, 2019, 06:09 PM
Now I'm befuddled. I connected a Flysky FS-IA6B receiver (Ibus) to the Sbus port on my flight controller, and it worked. The flight controller does not support Ibus, and the transmitter was configured to use Sbus. So, does this mean the FS-IA6B does support Sbus? Is the receiver output dependent on how the transmitter is set up (Ibus or Sbus)? I'm not clear on just what the difference is between Sbus and Ibus. I don't want to see my plane corkscrewing straight down at 100 mph because of some subtle, but important difference between the two protocols. That would ruin my day.
Is anyone able so shed any light on this FS-IA6B on Sbus mystery? The Turnigy TGY-IA6B works fine, and is labelled as Sbus compatible.
Thank you for your time.

Ed
Dec 08, 2019, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed4353
Now I'm befuddled. I connected a Flysky FS-IA6B receiver (Ibus) to the Sbus port on my flight controller, and it worked. The flight controller does not support Ibus, and the transmitter was configured to use Sbus. So, does this mean the FS-IA6B does support Sbus? Is the receiver output dependent on how the transmitter is set up (Ibus or Sbus)? I'm not clear on just what the difference is between Sbus and Ibus. I don't want to see my plane corkscrewing straight down at 100 mph because of some subtle, but important difference between the two protocols. That would ruin my day.
Is anyone able so shed any light on this FS-IA6B on Sbus mystery? The Turnigy TGY-IA6B works fine, and is labelled as Sbus compatible.
Thank you for your time.

Ed
I used IA6B on ibus pins to Sbus on pixhawk 4 FC for long time. Never had problems.
Dec 08, 2019, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoryu
I used IA6B on ibus pins to Sbus on pixhawk 4 FC for long time. Never had problems.
Yes. I found this receiver (and the Turnigy TGY-IA6B) can run Ibus or Sbus, depending on the transmitter being set accordingly.
Thank you for the confirmation.

Ed
Feb 12, 2020, 04:06 AM

Servos and sensors on the same serial port?

Hello,

if I read the Betaflight source code correctly[1], it should be possible to talk to FS-iA6B both for sensor data (telemetry) and output channel data over the same serial port. Is it true? If so, how to set it up with FlySky i6 with Flyplus firmware?

I have verified that if I connect the FT232 TTL serial module to the "Sens" port at 115200 bauds, I see only the telemertry sensor challenges (04 81 7a ff), and if I connect it to the "Servo" port, I see only 32-byte channel data frames starting with 20 40, then 14 2-byte channel values, and then a 2-byte checksum. But not both.

What I want to do is to extend the poor mixing capabilities of the FS-i6 with on-board arduino, which I already have for my altitude sensor[2].

Thanks for any hint,

-Yenya

[1] https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...rx/ibus.c#L190
[2] https://github.com/Yenya/ibus-altitude-sensor

Quick Reply