May 03, 2018, 10:49 PM
EB-66C Team Member
EB-57E photos taken from 1977-79.....eye candy!
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2018, 11:41 PM
Pro Hoarder
Thread OP
Those are close to the Vermont scheme I plan to use...Great pics
Latest blog entry: In flight
May 04, 2018, 12:41 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Love this iconic Cold War bird.
🇬🇧 Canberra Bomber XH134 Smokey Fast Flypasts. (3 min 16 sec)

Spent many days at the end of the runway at RAF Wyton during the early 90's. Here's a great documentary:
The English Electric Canberra Definitive Documentary (27 min 31 sec)
May 04, 2018, 05:00 PM
Pro Hoarder
Thread OP
I have pretty much nailed it down to this one.
May 05, 2018, 05:15 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Looking very nice. Zeke stopped by our club field today (he and his wife were in the local area) and he helped with the maiden of the Cessna Bobcat of his that I built. We spent some time yakking about the B-57 so it looks very interesting!!

Brian

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
May 06, 2018, 11:26 AM
Pro Hoarder
Thread OP
Hey Brian,
Nice to hear Zeke was out and about..Sounds like things are looking up..How did the Bobcat do? The B-57 is coming along nice. Working on installing the gear. Planning on using Eflite as they are readily available.
May 06, 2018, 12:00 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Was good to see Zeke yesterday. Bobcat flew very nicely. I was only able to get a couple of inflight pics but Zeke took a bunch more that he said he was going to post.

B-57 is looking very nice. Keep up the good work.

Brian

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
May 06, 2018, 12:09 PM
killickb
Xplaneguy, you may have mentioned Wyton before in these threads --- I too used to bike to Wyton and spent many hours sitting under the approach, we lived in Huntingdon. Was always being watched by the security police on the other side of the fence ? Many versions of the Canberra also Valiants and a few Victors during my era.

Really hoping that this model version comes to fruition as a kit of some sort.
May 07, 2018, 09:10 PM

Looks great

Scott, really like seeing the balsa getting glued. Look forward to the sheeting process.
Latest blog entry: Me262
May 07, 2018, 11:13 PM
Classic jets rule
man that's a lot of parts ...looks awesome !
May 08, 2018, 11:37 AM
Pro Hoarder
Thread OP
Hi
Jeff ..I have been getting into a lot of balsa lately...I love the stuff...
Roger. It is a lot of parts and amazing how fast it builds.
The hardest part is making sure you put glue on every joint..Not like the old days where you put glue on one part and hold them till dry then move to the next part..
May 08, 2018, 08:10 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Damn, I'd have to mark every joint as I glued it, otherwise........... well, you get the picture.
Coming along nicely Scott.

J
May 08, 2018, 11:55 PM
Classic jets rule
got to love how fast the precut kits go together ...and how well the fit is. a little more fun than scratch building
May 09, 2018, 12:24 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb
Xplaneguy, you may have mentioned Wyton before in these threads --- I too used to bike to Wyton and spent many hours sitting under the approach, we lived in Huntingdon. Was always being watched by the security police on the other side of the fence ? Many versions of the Canberra also Valiants and a few Victors during my era.

Really hoping that this model version comes to fruition as a kit of some sort.
Yes sir! I spent many days at the approach end of RAF Wyton. It was Canberra Heaven!

Quick Reply