This thread is privately moderated by flyerflorio, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 06, 2017, 11:31 AM
Trader Rating: 62
notsomodernmodeler
Thread OP
$95.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Vintage Cox Corsair in IOB

This sale is for a vintage Cox RTF Corsair control line model in it's original box!
The model looks like it has been started due to oil residue on the decals. I don't think it was ever flown though, it's NOT broken! Ha! There does not seem to be any cracks or stressed areas on the model. All things described seem to be original to the model.

The engine turns free and compression is good. I only cleaned the model. It comes with the original box, wrenches, unused decals (not in the best condition), paperwork, and battery starting clip.

Please study the pictures carefully, what you see is what you get!

I am asking $19.00 shipping on this model anywhere in the continental U.S. other locations will have to be quoted.
I'll accept your good check, money order or PayPal!

Don't be shy ask any questions you may have, make offers or just say hello!

Thanks for looking,
Jim
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2017, 12:03 PM
Trader Rating: 362
I learned to fly U/C on one of these alone as it has a notch in the bellcrank to attach a restraint string that I attached to a 3 pound hammer.once the engine is running run out to the control handle and a quick full down input will release the restraint.Think it was full down it's been about 50 years since then.
Latest blog entry: New FAA Rules
Oct 06, 2017, 12:35 PM
Trader Rating: 272
Old newb
It wasn't quite 50 years ago, but close, that I too flew Cox U-Controls in the school yard.

Mine was a PT-19 I loved to......well I do not know what actually ended up happening to it.

I know I flew it alone too.

How "did" I do that?????

Most I can remember is the day the motor popped out and kept going while the plane sort of fluttered to the ground.

Kids do not know to replace rubber bands before they break.

I still collect Cox parts when I see them but never use them as we only fly electric here.....

Go figger.

Good luck with your sale.
Oct 07, 2017, 05:51 AM
Trader Rating: 156
This brings back memories. Parents gave me one of these for Christmas when I was 12.

Dad was a bigger kid than I and wanted to start it in the living room atop his Lazy-Boy stool. Did not want fuel to stain so laid the paper on top. Took quite a while to start and once dialed in ate the paper, shredding it and blowing Castor laced fog throughout the house. Mom was in the kitchen working on Christmas dinner and was NOT pleased!

I can see this one must be an early version without the right rudder kick, although I seem to remember the engine sitting upright on mine.

ps, Have a TD-051 sitting in spares and recently picked up a NIB Cox Landspeeder for the son and grandkids.

Good luck with the sale.
Oct 07, 2017, 06:45 AM
Trader Rating: 362
these had the engine running clockwise so the p factor took the place of the offset rudder
Latest blog entry: New FAA Rules
Oct 07, 2017, 12:38 PM
Trader Rating: 108
Yup, had one of these too when I was eleven. Got it started once and not realizing it was running backwards, let it go and chopped up my left thumb!!
Oct 07, 2017, 02:44 PM
Trader Rating: 12
That Christmas Story was awesome!
Oct 07, 2017, 06:39 PM
Trader Rating: 287
Starting the engine in the living room is the easy part, ... flying the thing without getting tangled in the ceiling fan is a lot harder trick, ...... it can be done, just things get real hairy for a few minutes.
Oct 07, 2017, 07:07 PM
Trader Rating: 62
notsomodernmodeler
Thread OP
Ha!
Oct 07, 2017, 08:20 PM
Trader Rating: 80
Electron Whisperer
I had the red one- earned money on my paper route when I was 13-14 ( 47 years ago) . Finally got it to start in basement- what a racket. Went round in circles but had to be horsed off ground it was so heavy. Just picked up an A6 skyraider in same color with decals and box is about same shape.
Last edited by speed2004; Oct 10, 2017 at 03:37 PM.
Oct 07, 2017, 10:06 PM
Trader Rating: 32
That looks like the one i got in 1968 or 1969. Our hired man said he knew how to fly them and ran mine into the clothsline pole and killed it the first flight. I never got another one till i got a silver P-51 about 10 years later !!! Didnt give up at least

Quick Reply