Oct 27, 2017, 03:45 PM
Team OpenAVRc
Thread OP

Import - Export Menu

Hi,

In the latest release you could find in the simulator a "input - output" in File menu

His role is to convert eeprom from one format to another one (4k M2560 to 10K F-Ram or revert it, the 30 to 60 models will be lost)

How to :

-> Save your transmitter eeprom with Desktop.

-> Load this eeprom file in Simulator, run it . When Main task is running, you can export your eeprom to text file : Export to "Myeeprom.TXT".

-> Open the other simulator (Stock or F-Ram), run it .. do calibration, ... When Main task is running import your "Myeeprom.TXT".

-> Save your new eeprom : It is Converted ;-) ready to load to a modded transmitter.

You could also have a look at the text file : There are a lot of fields !

This is also the way to convert to future V3.0 eeprom format witch will be not compatible OpenTX. Only 4K is compatible.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2017, 04:54 PM
On page 19, of my GOOGLE TRANSLATED to english .doc file, which was found on:

https://github.com/Ingwie/OpenAVRc_D...penAVRc_V1.doc

shows me a screen, with a WINDOWS command prompt executing some batch file, using "MAKE CLEAN". Until today, I was under the impression that "MAKE CLEAN" was a LINUX command. My version of WINDOWS definately does NOT have a MAKE command, is this a special french version of windows? What other software must I install in order for this part of the procedure to work?
Oct 27, 2017, 05:31 PM
Team OpenAVRc
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStein99
On page 19, of my GOOGLE TRANSLATED to english .doc file, which was found on:

shows me a screen, with a WINDOWS command prompt executing some batch file, using "MAKE CLEAN". Until today, I was under the impression that "MAKE CLEAN" was a LINUX command. My version of WINDOWS definately does NOT have a MAKE command, is this a special french version of windows? What other software must I install in order for this part of the procedure to work?
HI, or Hello ?

Did you install the setup file on windows ?

Yes it is Linux command, If you use only Linux, I propose you to build a virtual PC using virtual box (with windows).

I've modded some files Work from XP to Win10

Sorry, I love Linux but to please to the bigger part of the end user, we develop windows application.

Install and try the setup (It is clean and does not install files anywhere) .

This is the simply way to watch this "miracle"

Edit : Latest Setup file : https://github.com/Ingwie/OpenAVRc_D...M.exe?raw=true

Tell us if there is a problem ....
Last edited by Bracame; Oct 27, 2017 at 06:10 PM.
Oct 29, 2017, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracame
Sorry, I love Linux but to please to the bigger part of the end user, we develop windows application.
I just use wine...

corrected 2 min later:

Wow now it is not working) Yesterday I played a bit with simulator...
Last edited by Ievgen; Oct 29, 2017 at 03:01 PM.
Oct 29, 2017, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ievgen
I just use wine...

corrected 2 min later:

Wow now it is not working) Yesterday I played a bit with simulator...
This is an ATMEGA 2560 application. In the past, I load them in Arduino IDE, compile an .INO and I'm done. Complex projects for me use Visual Studio, I write myself and my own libraries for. Is there a way I can just compile this from Visual Studio - does anyone know?

Load wine, or a virtual platform, with linux - to install and configure the 125+ pre-requisites is way too complicated just to compile an ATMEGA 2560 .hex file.
Oct 29, 2017, 04:27 PM
Team OpenAVRc
Thread OP
Quote:
This is an ATMEGA 2560 application. In the past, I load them in Arduino IDE, compile an .INO and I'm done. Complex projects for me use Visual Studio, I write myself and my own libraries for. Is there a way I can just compile this from Visual Studio - does anyone know?

Load wine, or a virtual platform, with linux - to install and configure the 125+ pre-requisites is way too complicated just to compile an ATMEGA 2560 .hex file.
Hi,

Does Visual Studio accept AVR-GCC and makefile ?

Simple solution to compile AVR code on Linux : Install AVR-GCC, copy source files to a directory , open a shell in this directory and type Make with the correct options.
Oct 29, 2017, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Hi,

Simple solution to compile AVR code on Linux : Install AVR-GCC, copy source files to a directory , open a shell in this directory and type Make with the correct options.
Ok I am familiar with linux, and have done make clean installs before. Up until now, I did them and whatever goes on compiled the code to be run on the actual linux platform I was running.

So, the magic part of this would be the avr-gcc? I really got confused with the procedures that explain to install Visual Studio - since I would obviously need a windows platform for Studio. I can't see anyone flip-flopping between two computers with different operating systems to compile a .hex every time they wanted to test it.
Oct 30, 2017, 06:18 AM
Team OpenAVRc
Thread OP
Quote:
... I really got confused with the procedures that explain to install Visual Studio.....
What procedure ?

The setup.exe install the compilation tools, OpenAVRC Desktop and Simulator apps + the sources files.

Those give to the user ability to compile the firmware whit there preferred options (by check box, etc ..) , does the download/upload(flash, eeprom, F-Ram),
And a simu to program models at home witch can convert eeprom format.
Oct 30, 2017, 09:12 PM
Quote:
What procedure ?

The setup.exe install the compilation tools, OpenAVRC Desktop and Simulator apps + the sources files.

Those give to the user ability to compile the firmware whit there preferred options (by check box, etc ..) , does the download/upload(flash, eeprom, F-Ram),
And a simu to program models at home witch can convert eeprom format.
The procedures in the document, page #19:

Is this the correct procedure to compile a .hex file, from the source code?
Last edited by DrStein99; Oct 30, 2017 at 09:22 PM.
Oct 31, 2017, 09:23 AM
Team OpenAVRc
Thread OP
Yes, This is how to do with the Desktop app.

I don't see Visual Studio mentioned
Nov 01, 2017, 02:09 AM
Hi all!
I have some stupid questions more!
In radio documentation it is mentioned that it supports up to 16 channels, and it is quite enough for almost any model. So what are those? First 4 channels are AETR - sticks, then we have 3 pots, 2 rotary encoders (though 1 of them is may be used for the menu purposes) and 7 switches - am I right?
Second question is concerning OpenAVRc_V1.15_FRAM.exe It works somehow both under wine ( quite unstable) and on virtual win computer. My main system is self build Linux on *buntu 16.04 repos and its locale is UK_ua.UTF8. Virtual win systems (winxp+win7) I have are on Russian and Ukrainian respectively. In all this cases part of letter characters in the program are Cyrillic, and it doesn't really meters what language I choose - English or French...
My French is not so good itself, and this small problem makes understanding quite a challenge.
Last edited by Ievgen; Nov 02, 2017 at 09:41 PM.
Nov 01, 2017, 02:27 PM
Team OpenAVRc
Thread OP
Hi Ievgen,

AETR is for fixed mixer. All channels are free mixed here : You can connect your motor one channel 1 or 2 or ... what you want

Look at OpenTx Open9x documentation about the mixer.

Sorry for the Cyrillic characters, It was not expected.

I can propose you to translate the windows app with Poedit : https://poedit.net/download ..Russian or Ukrainian : As you prefer.

I will send you original .pot file.

After, I will compile Russian and/ or Ukrainian simulator and add to the Setup file.
Nov 01, 2017, 02:43 PM
Ok! That is good idea! I will wait for it.
sudo apt-get install poedit - done)
Nov 01, 2017, 03:05 PM
Team OpenAVRc
Thread OP
OK, here are the files : 2 Pot (Desktop & Simu) and 2 PO (English translation to help you).

When you finish tranlation, you can compile it into a .mo file with Poedit.

Place it into the "fr" directory : OpenAVRc_Desktop.mo and OpenAVRc_Simulator.mo to test.

Hope I'm clear.
Nov 02, 2017, 09:39 PM
Houston, we have a problem. I built translation file, changed default fr file and...
part of french text is not changed :^)
Also I built English translation, and it has the same problem.
Last edited by Ievgen; Nov 04, 2017 at 12:59 AM.

Quick Reply