Simulator models for F3A practice? - RC Groups
Oct 05, 2017, 04:46 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
Question

Simulator models for F3A practice?

Hi, I'm interested in learning Pattern, starting in Sportsman of course. I did well learning basic RC flight with the ClearView RC simulator, now I'm flying solo regularly and enjoying it. I'm working on settling on a first model to build specifically for learning pattern, in the meantime I haven't found any of the well-known of "classic" pattern planes as simulator models compatible with ClearView (or FMS, which are easy to convert across).

I don't suppose anyone's already looked into this? Anyone know a download site with something suitable? I've got plenty of 3D models on the sim, I've seen it advised that if you dial down the extreme control throws and shift the CG forward a 3D model can be suitable (the usual Extras, Edges, Yaks, Sukhois etc) and I've avoided these but I might try them adjusted that way. The next closest I;ve got is a Twin Stik, unfortunately not a classic Ugly Stik but it's seemingly very neutral. Other than that there's a Sportster (seems to be the old RCM / Bridi design) and Montana 40, I'll go through it and see if i can find anything else.

But I'd appreciate any advice as to what type of thing I should be looking for and if anyone has found a good pattern sim model, especially one that will work with ClearView or FMS. Thanks
to remove ads between posts