Opale Paramodels Fox RS 2.6 and Lucas / Backpack First Flight - RC Groups
Oct 05, 2017, 03:33 PM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
Cool

Opale Paramodels Fox RS 2.6 and Lucas / Backpack First Flight

Hi everyone,
I finally got my rig up and running after parting it together. I have to say its going to be fun, certainly a learning curve with new flight dynamics. Its pretty stunning in the air, and something I've wanted for a long time. Here are a few pics.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2017, 06:20 AM
RC Paraglider / Sailplanes
Nice !!

The Fox RS is a great wing.
Oct 06, 2017, 12:28 PM
I can tell from the 2 flights so far, plenty to learn, or rehabit from other flying lol
Oct 06, 2017, 01:53 PM
Do you have to put an accelerator to lift the flight?
Oct 06, 2017, 03:22 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
That is awesome!
Having only flown the Oxy 1.5, I already want another and am thinking of going big like this...

I have many years flying RC, but no experience with PPG until a few weeks ago.
I have a lot to work on with regards to launching, but otherwise am real comfortable in the air with the Oxy 1.5 and have found it to be a real beauty and relaxing experience to fly.

While I am entirely comfortable in flight, my lack of experience makes me want question if I am ready for a more advanced wing. How do I know when I am ready to move up to an airfoil like the Fox?

From a pilots perspective, what are the major differences in flight characteristics between the Oxy and the Fox?

@ansacaspain ~ what is an accelerator? can you post a link? I am totally new to PPG and trying to learn as much as possible
Oct 06, 2017, 11:16 PM
RC Paraglider / Sailplanes
Hi,
I would say the next step up from the Oxy 1.5 is the Hybrid 3.0 . The Fox is finicky if you live in an area where the weather is turbulent. You'll be able to fly it but the learning curve is there.

It's a wing that needs gentle input and good throttle management.

The accelerator changes the wing incidence. Two servos are attached to the main bar that holds the wings. They are attached to the risers and allow you to penetrate better in the wind.

It's in french but the video is self explanatory.

SpeedBar System BackPack- Rc Paramotor - How to use ? (3 min 12 sec)
Oct 07, 2017, 01:16 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thank you for the education!
Oct 09, 2017, 09:25 AM
I wold agree on the wings finicky.. I jumped in head first, if i was spending money on it I wanted the real deal. Had I did it over Id started with the smaller one for ease, Im one in the hobby that spans huge skill sets, I figure Ill get this paraglider dialed in, in time. gotta fix a few things before i get to fly again..