lux v2 FC; will it work on a tri-copter - RC Groups
Oct 05, 2017, 04:54 AM
Discussion

lux v2 FC; will it work on a tri-copter

I banged up my tri-copter pretty bad and since I've got to do some major repairs I thought I'd switch out the naze 32 for a lux V2 that I have. I'm not really sure if it will work or not. on the product page it states " Please note: PWM input for individual channels is not supported ". I'm really not sure what this means. I do know that the board only provides four motor slots no matter what configuration you try to run. usually you have 6-8 motor/pwm slots provided. it's like this board is made just for quads. I'm going to try the #4 motor slot but I have a feeling it won't work. I'm running the latest version of tri-flight and it has a target hex file for the lux V2 race, so I'm thinking somewhere , somebody has made it work. any thoughts will be most welcome
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2017, 11:10 AM
for future reference

RCExplorer <support@rcexplorer.se>

4:21 AM (6 hours ago)

to me

----------reply above----------

RCExplorer - David (admin@rcexplorer.se) wrote:
Hi Randy.
Triflight has all the same targets as Betaflight as it's just a modified version of betaflight with the tricopter features added. The code can be run on all those boards but the problem is that some boards are not designed with servos in mind. The problem is that the manufacturer has selected pins on the processor that uses the wrong timers for working as a servo output. Even if you remap one of the ESC pins to be a servo output it simply can't output the required signal. The LUX only has those 4 PWM ESC output pins and no spare ones that might have worked. It also uses the UART as a PPM input which means it doesn't even have the PPM pin to use as an output.
You might be able to get the servo output working by stealing a UART or LED pin but that requires breaking down the firmware and recompiling it as it can't be done via CLI.

Sorry for the bad news
/David