Apr 09, 2019, 04:41 PM
Don't hate bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru
My Aero Commander has factory programming of its AS3X. When it goes at full speed it bobs up and down a little probably due to play in the elevator mechanism or horizontal stabilizer flutter.
Or it's the contrails causing turbulence around the wing?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2019, 06:14 PM
My Aero Commander has an occasional glitch, but not continuously bobbing up and down which only occurs when flying at high speed.

Yes, on a very humid day the props on my Aero Commander produced a condensation cloud behind them. A real airplane produces the cloud across the entire wing or only at its wingtips, but it was only behind the props on my little model Aero Commander.
Apr 09, 2019, 07:30 PM
OMG More untrue info.....HA....
Apr 09, 2019, 09:05 PM
Look at Airplane Condensation Cloud in Google to see that when the air is very humid then an air pressure difference caused by a wing or propeller creates a vapour cloud.
My Aero Commander produces a condensation cloud and even parts of the park had some condensation clouds resting on the grass.
Apr 09, 2019, 11:06 PM
No it doesn't..........
Apr 10, 2019, 09:50 AM
I saw the motors on my Aero Commander producing fog on a humid day, you didn't.
Oh, do you think my motors were smoking instead?
Apr 10, 2019, 02:37 PM
U R always full of BS......HA.....
Apr 11, 2019, 07:48 PM
OK...just to clarify...WHO was smoking? ...the Aero Commander? ...or the pilot?

Tom
Apr 11, 2019, 09:41 PM
Suspended Account
I got vapes off my AC wings from pullin' da Gs and massive pressure drop from going transonic. I'm just glad that super strong double sided tape they use kept the wings from pulling off the fuse.
Apr 11, 2019, 09:53 PM
The pilot of my Aero Commander stopped smoking many years ago. My Aero Commander also does not smoke, instead its props VAPED when it had high power in humid air.
Apr 12, 2019, 09:03 AM
Ya'll are a HT!

Now I'll have to try flying my AC some foggy or very humid morning and see if I can get some vapor trails going!

Tom

PS: Congrats on the pilot stopping smoking. That probably means more years of happy flying!
Apr 12, 2019, 11:14 AM
Custom User Name Title
Mine is now stored upside down since the wing attachment can't handle 0.5G sustained loads

Apr 12, 2019, 11:30 AM
Don't hate bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
Mine is now stored upside down since the wing attachment can't handle 0.5G sustained loads

I doubt storage alone caused the wing to detach. I’m sure it was weakened by the props flinging around at trans-ultra-super-subsonic speeds and vaping and likely almost ripped the wing off while flying
Apr 12, 2019, 03:59 PM
Custom User Name Title
lol....

I am going to make it my goal to find the gnarliest foggy 100% humidity day and try to get my Aero Commander to rip condensation out of the air behind the props...
Apr 12, 2019, 04:16 PM
Don't hate bro
That would be awesome

Quick Reply