Thread Tools
Jan 09, 2018, 06:00 PM
Registered User

AC with a mobius


aerocommander (3 min 59 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2018, 06:22 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Plane
Why does the same crowd come and infest all of the ultra micro threads?
They turn them into threads for their own derogatory attacks on each other.
It gets really old really fast.
I assume you must be talking about those who spread misinformation & make statements about aircraft handling that defy the laws of aerodynamics - not those of us who do everything we can to help stop the ever-growing amount of misinformation being spread on the threads?

Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
Jan 09, 2018, 06:26 PM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
rcnutrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Plane
Why does the same crowd come and infest all of the ultra micro threads?
They turn them into threads for their own derogatory attacks on each other.
It gets really old really fast.
Because there is a misconception and it is being kept alive, and a bit of DIS-INFESTATION is required. It is called Thread periodic maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierda
Right!!! I came back to this thread to see if horizon figured out a fix to the flimsy cheap poorly designed gear that trades the fuselage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru
The tip posted in this thread to look out for wires above the brick being tangled in the elevator and rudder servo gears was good and mine also were almost tangled.
That tip came from one of the gentleman who frequents this thread.

VVVV
Latest blog entry: My SlowProgress
Jan 09, 2018, 06:26 PM
Registered User
Clive66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru
The tip posted in this thread to look out for wires above the brick being tangled in the elevator and rudder servo gears was good and mine also were almost tangled.
That was me.
Came very close to losing the plane when the elevator locked up.
Funny thing is, it hasn't done the twitchy elevator thing, since I taped the motor wires to the side.
Will be flying my AC again Thursday & if that doesn't happen, I will be convinced that the problem was a wire touching the elevator cog at times (no conclusion about that yet)
Jan 09, 2018, 06:27 PM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
rcnutrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
I assume you must be talking about those who spread misinformation & make statements about aircraft handling that defy the laws of aerodynamics - not those of us who do everything we can to help stop the ever-growing amount of misinformation being spread on the threads?

Joel
Thank you Joel, couldn't have been worded any better.
Latest blog entry: My SlowProgress
Jan 09, 2018, 06:32 PM
Registered User
Clive66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierda
Right!!! I came back to this thread to see if horizon figured out a fix to the flimsy cheap poorly designed gear that trades the fuselage
What would your remedy be for that ?
IMO, that's kinda trivial & I doubt Horizon will be making changes to the AC.
Jan 09, 2018, 06:37 PM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
rcnutrc's Avatar
I personally find the LG to be quite adequate for the duty at hand. One would have to mangle up a landing pretty badly to bent them, by then they might be ripped out of their plastic underwing socket anyways . My second AC came with a slightly bent main gear and I had to be real careful when I tried to correct the shape since I couldn't detach it from the wing as easily as I had imagined.
Latest blog entry: My SlowProgress
Jan 09, 2018, 06:44 PM
Registered User
Clive66's Avatar
Many changes could be made to this plane, but almost every one would add weight.
Then you could call this great flying little twin, a "flying Pig"
Jan 09, 2018, 06:46 PM
Registered User
Wierda's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru
The tip posted in this thread to look out for wires above the brick being tangled in the elevator and rudder servo gears was good and mine also were almost tangled.
Before I even knew about that, the first day I received my sons and my plane, I noticed the wire squirrel nest and took care of it before either plane flew, LOL
Latest blog entry: New look to a old plane
Jan 09, 2018, 06:46 PM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
rcnutrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
Many changes could be made to this plane, but almost every one would add weight.
Then you could call this great flying little twin, a "flying Pig"

Yup, it would be a dis-service to the great Bob Hoover.
Latest blog entry: My SlowProgress
Jan 09, 2018, 06:49 PM
Work hard, play hard
Oxotnik's Avatar
I fly on a grass field. So, I pull the gear off. Easy solution. Flies great, even with the occasional twitch. I'll open it up one day to see if a wire is getting hung on the elevator servo.

King of Planes has a point though. We should all start listening to AG to learn how 'real aerodynamics' works. I was going to call it science fiction, but science fiction usually has a pretty strong basis in reality.
Jan 09, 2018, 07:04 PM
Registered User
Clive66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierda
Before I even knew about that, the first day I received my sons and my plane, I noticed the wire squirrel nest and took care of it before either plane flew, LOL
And you didn't share.
Do you know sharing useful info is what these threads are about ?
Jan 09, 2018, 07:25 PM
Custom User Name Title
bhoov128's Avatar
wrong, it's about being an infestation and making derogatory comments
Jan 09, 2018, 07:32 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru
Hi Roger,
My AC also took a long time to initialize, exactly like my UMX Timber.
So I went through the "Disable SAFE" Timber instructions for my AC on my DX6i transmitter and now it initializes quickly like my Pitts and other airplanes that do not have SAFE.
Try it.
-------

Ag,

THANK YOU!
Nice creative thinking!

Just got home from work.
Dug out my Timber Addendum sheet.
Disabled SAFE using Channel 5 (Switch A on my DX9)
Grabbed a fresh (3S) UMX AC batt.
Put my TX super close to the plane and it initializes every time in 2-3 sec.
Just like all my other UMX planes.

My AC had not initialized on the first try...ever.
It would always take 3-5 battery plug-in's & me running around the parking lot.


Roger
Jan 09, 2018, 07:40 PM
They call me Lipo...
Justwingit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Plane
Why does the same crowd come and infest all of the ultra micro threads?
They turn them into threads for their own derogatory attacks on each other.
It gets really old really fast.
Woah! Sounds like someone needs a free HUG !


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! BH Aero Commander Shrike EP actual cg? Sessholvlaru Scale ARF/RTF 1 Aug 14, 2017 10:28 PM
Discussion Ayres Thrush (aka Snow S-2, Aero Cmder Ag Commander & Rockwell Thrush Commander) TedD60 Scale Drawings and Three Views 1 Aug 25, 2015 10:19 AM
AERO(jet) COMMANDER Larry Dudeck Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2 Oct 09, 2001 11:10 AM
Aero(jet) Commander Larry Dudeck Sport Planes 3 Sep 29, 2001 03:44 PM
AERO COMMANDER not in command Larry Dudeck Sport Planes 24 Jul 14, 2001 10:18 PM