Dec 28, 2017, 09:01 PM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoed
Just wait a minute, it'll land......
Yeah, I think it just landed ... 54 min. no activities on this thread.
Latest blog entry: My SlowProgress
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2017, 10:58 PM
Work hard, play hard
Hey, Joel, tell me again how the accelerometers in AS3X receivers work.
Dec 28, 2017, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
NO! AS3X DOES NOT USE ACCELEROMETERS! It's just a simple 3-axis gyro-based damping system. It has no idea which way is up. SAFE uses a 3-axis accelerometer to provide attitude-awareness for the autolevel flight-mode & panic button functions.

Joel
Good thing I didn't mention gremlins....
Dec 28, 2017, 11:19 PM
Custom User Name Title
Honestly, I think there's a problem somewhere within the SAFE system that is causing the elevator to glitch.
Dec 28, 2017, 11:21 PM
That thing almost hit me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
Honestly, I think there's a problem somewhere within the SAFE system that is causing the elevator to glitch.
No problem with the SAFE. I just checked and it's locked.....
Dec 28, 2017, 11:31 PM
But AC doesn't have SAFE?

Hey...what's that on my leg?
Dec 28, 2017, 11:39 PM
Custom User Name Title
You mean the pulling sensation?
Dec 28, 2017, 11:40 PM
Yeah....and my sock's wet.
Dec 28, 2017, 11:41 PM
That thing almost hit me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
You mean the pulling sensation?
Better make sure that's not Dale down there....
Dec 29, 2017, 03:08 AM
Sooooo, 1; who wants to do a video showing how exactly to reprogram the little brick to get the AS3X on a switch?

2; if this glitchmageddon is down to a momentary loss of enough volts/amps to the brick because the motors are sucking too hard how about propping down slightly?? there was an issue with the GeeBee and changing to a GWS prop solved that, maybe using a couple of GWS 5030's instead of the 3 blades would help?? it isn't like there is going to be a shortage of thrust

alternatively after the model is bound drop the ATV / travel limit of top stick down to 90% ?
Last edited by locoworks; Dec 29, 2017 at 03:37 AM.
Dec 29, 2017, 09:04 AM
That thing almost hit me
How about Horizon bringing an actual Ready to Fly plane to market instead of these Ready to
Fix ones?
Dec 29, 2017, 09:51 AM
It makes me wonder...when they shoot all those videos for the HH promotion of this plane....did they have a perfectly working plane, or had to set aside 5 glitchy ones before they got a good one....just shrugged, and said.."We'll worry about that later.."

Also....I rarely flew mine WOT...so maybe that's why I observed less issues.

Then again...Ben's wasn't WOT sitting there on the ground.
Dec 29, 2017, 10:06 AM
Work hard, play hard
I rarely fly mine WOT either. An occasional fast pass, or a climbing maneuver. As I'm thinking back on it, I do think that glitches occur around 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, too. I'm going to the field today. If I get it in the air today, I'll do some experimenting.
Dec 29, 2017, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxotnik
I rarely fly mine WOT either. An occasional fast pass, or a climbing maneuver. As I'm thinking back on it, I do think that glitches occur around 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, too. I'm going to the field today. If I get it in the air today, I'll do some experimenting.
When you're done "experimenting", clean up and then let us know how the plane flies...
Dec 29, 2017, 10:23 AM
That thing almost hit me
After sitting and running several different batteries (2s and 3s) in the shop yesterday, throttle position doesn't seem to matter. The props are balanced.... Ordered the little programming gizmo yesterday and will see if I can turn off the AS3X, but I don't think it's going to fix the problem..... We will see....I have come to realize that the planes I build have none of these problems....

Quick Reply