Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill
Thanks for the video!

What's your set up?
Torque 4016
Hobbywing 100amp V3 esc
Savox SV-1250 servos @ 7.4v
Xoar 16x7

The only thing I am gonna do different on the V2, is Hitec HS-7245 servos instead. I have not had luck with these servos. They were fine for about 45 flights, then I bumped the bec up to 8.4. Soon after I had an aileron servo fail, replaced it. Now the elevator servo wont center well. I was really happy with them up until this point. I since have lowered the bec back down to 7.4v. Have a new elevator servo on order. Other than that, this has been a fun plane. For me it does the meanest crankshafts and knife edge spins. That might be why servos have failed. I fly this plane the most aggressive.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2017, 12:40 AM
Canucklehead
Had issues with Savox 1250 in my elev too at 8.2v. The others are still going strong. But the replacement I got is hands down top notch. More power and speed than you really need ( more is mostest better) and cheaper than the Hitec too!
Latest blog entry: Little bout me
Oct 16, 2017, 09:10 AM
Now I'm a "Low Flyer"

60" Slick V2 vs. 60" Laser

Thanks for the opinions and feedback. I just ordered the yellow 60" Slick V2 and will report back in a couple of weeks on the difference between it and the Laser.
Last edited by high flyer Rich; Oct 16, 2017 at 10:37 AM.
Oct 16, 2017, 03:13 PM

Good report

Quote:
Originally Posted by high flyer Rich
Thanks for the opinions and feedback. I just ordered the yellow 60" Slick V2 and will report back in a couple of weeks on the difference between it and the Laser.
Looking forward to your report on the V2 60" Slick. Great choice on the yellow scheme!

I hope to have my V2 60" Slick trimmed and dialed in before I report to Korea on 30 October 2017.

President Trump will need to deal wisely with "Rocket man".
Oct 16, 2017, 06:15 PM
Trill what branch of the military are you in? Have you been to Korea before?
Oct 16, 2017, 07:04 PM

Retired Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregertman
Trill what branch of the military are you in? Have you been to Korea before?
US Army, Retired

This will be my second trip to Korea as a contractor.

Thanks for asking.
Oct 16, 2017, 07:45 PM
I was in the Air Force. I've been to Korea 2 times both short TDYs. I liked it there. Most likely I would be there now if I was still in. I was a B1b crew chief and my plane is there now.
Oct 16, 2017, 08:05 PM
Now I'm a "Low Flyer"
Quote:
I was in the Air Force. I've been to Korea 2 times both short TDYs. I liked it there. Most likely I would be there now if I was still in. I was a B1b crew chief and my plane is there now.
That had to have been quite an experience! Is this the plane?

THIS IS WHY KIM JONG UN IS AFRAID OF B-1B LANCER (2 min 34 sec)
Oct 16, 2017, 08:14 PM
Yep that's the one. It's much more impressive when you see one up close or hear one on a low fast pass with afterburners lit.
Oct 16, 2017, 10:09 PM

Awesome

Quote:
"Nothing can stop the US Air Force!"

My wife is former USAF.
Oct 17, 2017, 11:21 PM
Altitude is my friend...
I'm really glad to have this plane. It's a beautiful piece of work. Everything fits perfectly and the overall quality of construction is remarkable. EF/3DHS must be very proud of this ARF.

Construction is coming right along. It should be flyable by this weekend.
Oct 18, 2017, 04:19 PM

Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus
I'm really glad to have this plane. It's a beautiful piece of work. Everything fits perfectly and the overall quality of construction is remarkable. EF/3DHS must be very proud of this ARF.

Construction is coming right along. It should be flyable by this weekend.
Yes, I hope to have mine in the air soon.

What do you think of the specs on the servos in the hyperlinks below?

http://www.promodeler.com/DS160CLHV Amp draw (stalled) is only 1.8 Amps per John Beech, mechanical engineer and General manager at ProModeler.

http://www.promodeler.com/DS160BLHV (This is the brushless version for less than the cost of the MKS HV9767.)

Thanks again for the specs on competing servos.
Oct 18, 2017, 05:46 PM
The Visionary Aerobat
This is a standard voltage servo setup so, if you plan on HV servos, choose an 80A esc that has a 7.4V BEC output. I use the ZTW Gecko 85A esc. Also, choose a lower KV motor so you can swing a 16" prop. Better to have that room to grow even if you primarily fly sport. I run the stock 500 kv motor. What servos are you going with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobinseattle
I recently bought this plane and expect to get it on Wednesday. I plan on using this power setup with a 5 4500mah cell battery.

Leopard Power 4260/5T 580KV 1000 Watt Outrunner Brushless Motor
Sky Power 80A ESC with Switchmode BEC
Prop APC 14x7

I am not a 3D pilot, plan on using as a sport flyer. What do you guys think of this setup?
Oct 19, 2017, 04:45 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Baby needs a new plane. Any suggestions?
Oct 19, 2017, 06:00 PM

V2 3DHS 60" Slick evaluation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
Baby needs a new plane. Any suggestions?
People want your review of the
V2 3DHS 60" Slick.

Quick Reply