H-King Glue-N-Go Warbirds - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

H-King Glue-N-Go Warbirds

The Glue-N-Go series from H-King have been a popular choice for flyers as the kits are low cost, easy to build and fun to fly. The team at HobbyKing continues to expand the line of plane available with these two new warbirds, the F6F Hellcat and the Fw 190.

Splash

Electric Warbirds Kits from HobbyKing

The Glue-N-Go series from H-King have been a popular choice for flyers as the kits are low cost, easy to build and fun to fly. The team at HobbyKing continues to expand the line of plane available with these two new warbirds, the F6F Hellcat and the Fw 190. Both cost just $30.89 and are made from laser cut foamboard. You get all the hardware needed in the kit and the graphics are pre-printed so you end up with a great looking model. You'll need to add your own electronics and power system that can consist of a 2208-2216 motor with a 20-40A ESC powered by 3S 1200-2200 Lipos. They also include some decent looking landing gear too.

Check out the Fw 190 - Glue-N-Go - Foamboard Kit

Check out the F6F Hellcat - Glue-N-Go - Foamboard Kit

Oct 03, 2017, 02:11 PM
killickb
Looks like fun but tried to order both via PayPal and it got so complicated decided to heck with it --- lots of other choices.
Oct 03, 2017, 06:31 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
will they come up with a mustang p-51 or a P-40 warhawk??

Mike
Oct 05, 2017, 09:52 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb
Looks like fun but tried to order both via PayPal and it got so complicated decided to heck with it --- lots of other choices.
I ordered both with no problems. One thing, if you have any script or add blocking soft ware the site will not work.
Anti popup is OK.
Oct 10, 2017, 09:48 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
I got them today, the FW-190 is built, no electronics yet.

For the money they are fine. Little trimming here and there. Landing gear is neat, has
a shock absorber.

One shag, one push rod is short, they need to be the same length. Just some .047, no big
deal, I can use the short one some where.

All done, Firepower 370 Sport, 1350KV, 20a esc, 9X4.7, Emax 8g servos, they fit the holes.
Went to some 2" wheels, original were 1.75".

I ordered a couple Emax motors, 400, 1400kv. but the 370 seems to have plenty of power.
about 140W, AUW is 18oz.
Last edited by BHOFM; Oct 11, 2017 at 06:21 PM.
Oct 11, 2017, 06:35 PM
Kimbers Keeper.

Oct 12, 2017, 07:47 AM
The landing gear will fell off at the very first landings and it will nose your plane in unless you fly from concrete or something very smooth. With grass you stand no chance. The good news is that the plane is easy to hand launch (upward like a 3D foamy) and belly land, you don't need the wheels. That was my experience with the FW-190.
Oct 12, 2017, 10:40 AM
Kimbers Keeper.
We have a very nice grass field, EDF's take off with no problems all the time. I see no
problem with this one.

3ctaildragger (0 min 23 sec)
Oct 28, 2017, 02:19 PM
Can they handle wind? Say 11mph
Oct 28, 2017, 03:35 PM
Yes they can even a bit more (well depending on the power setup that you use).
I find mind really stable, my major concern is the wheels and do yourself a favor and add some tape over all the hinges is just paper...
Nov 07, 2017, 01:30 PM
Can anyone tell me what type of foam is used?
Is it styrene based or EPO?
Is the foam the same as dollar tree foam board?
Thanks
Nov 07, 2017, 02:14 PM
it's similar to the dollar tree / depron foam, maybe a bit more compact and also a bit heavier.
Nov 13, 2017, 05:03 PM
Can any CA glue be used or only the oderless?
Nov 15, 2017, 05:15 PM
Well I've been flying the FW 190 now using 3S 1800 packs and my motor is the Turnigy 2217 1050kv motor because it happened to be in my motor drawer. The Prop is an elderly Kavan 8 X 6 ic prop.

First take off was over grass without any problems. Smooth and easy to fly but at full throttle it was in continuous climb so now has a little down thrust added in by virtue of a couple of washers. Easy loops and rolls and stall is virtually non existent as far as I could find.

Took the UC off and even with my "low power" set up the FW 190 just pulled out of the hand .

Do check your UC. If like mine you may find that heat shrink has been used as a sleeve which means that even with the grub screws tight the legs can twist. I replaced mine with little pieces of K & S brass wire. I also raked the wheels forward which helps on grass. Yes, I had one short wire push rod. I also used some of my regular glass reinforced strapping tape over some areas but otherwise good.

The manual is more pretty good for what is a very cheap kit.

Just for pronator I would not use CA other than "safe" but you could use Gorilla glue (not the wood type) or even epoxy but if you do that just thin skims to keep the weight down.

They promise more warbirds but I may well buy the Hellcat just for the fun of it.
Nov 17, 2017, 09:56 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Well, I forgot to post, the maiden when well. I did have the wrong radio and had to do a quick program on the one I had, didn't want to fiddle with the plane, just get enough to fly it. Trim was
out of range, so one short flight, nice scale flight, easy landing. It is a sweetie,

Just to note, it is not a 3D plane, a nice scale flier.

I also flew the Hellcat copy I made, it is a rocket! A real blast. Just a dup' in DTF.
Last edited by BHOFM; Nov 17, 2017 at 10:04 PM.