Thread OP

Do you plan on buying the BD-5

I am so excited about this plane...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2004, 09:25 AM
Which BD-5 kit are you talking about?

Tracy
Nov 09, 2004, 10:32 AM
I'm still trying to just get the plans printed.
Dave
Nov 09, 2004, 11:35 AM
?
Nov 09, 2004, 11:09 PM
Cogito Ergo Sum
Thread OP
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206119

this was more of a tool to let the guy get an idea of how many people want one.....
Nov 10, 2004, 10:03 AM

Bd5 Buy ??

Hi Ron,

I think before you take a poll you need to have the full info on the product you are polling. I could be very interested in the BD5 model but what is the product to be sold ( Complete kit?, short kit?, plans only?, how much?) see what I mean. Just to date myself I saw the original full scale BD5 and met the designer Jim Bede at Oshgosh in 1970 during the original rollout of the product. The first version had a V-tail on it.
Keep'em Flyin

Stan
Nov 10, 2004, 11:04 AM
Cogito Ergo Sum
Thread OP
click the thread above you
Nov 10, 2004, 07:03 PM
GEE Ron,

That wasn't the answer I hoped you would provide. If you would be so kind as to point me to the specific page 1 -16 where the full information about the BD5 product (that you are taking this poll) is, then I may have a fuller understanding about what this thread is all about.

Thank you

Stan
Nov 10, 2004, 07:19 PM
Stan, the BD kit will be the laser cut parts, the canopy, the plans, and the carbon fiber for the driveshaft. This is a short kit. Here is what you will need to provide:

A block of soft balsa for the nose
Some soft 1/16 sheeting for the bottom of the fuselage and motor area
Magnets to hold the rear of the canopy
A round toothpick for the front canopy hold down
A Dubro micro aileron hardware set
Some soft balsa for the wingtips
3/16x3/16 balsa for the leading edges
Medium density 1/16x1/8 balsa for the wing sub spars
3/32x3/16 medium density balsa for the spars
1/32 balsa for the shear webs.
Medium density 1/16 balsa for the rear fuselage stringers
A piece of .032 wire for the elevator pushrod
A short piece of 1/16 carbon rod and some 1/8 carbon tube that fits close over it, without too much slop, but still rotates on the rod. All this is for the pivot for the stabilizer.
A couple of Dubro micro snap links for the elevator pushrod
Regardless of motor you will need a prop shaft from a GWS IPS drive and one of the bearings from it.
You will need to figure out how to couple the driveshaft to your motor. I can provde info on the GWS setup and the PJS outrunner but beyond that you're on your own.

This will be available from Mike at Aerolock Models, I'm not sure what the price will be. If you can make your own canopy and source the carbon for the driveshaft, the parts are available now and I can send you the plans. I hope this answers any questions you might have.

Dave
Nov 10, 2004, 09:07 PM
Thank you Dave,

I appreciate you taking the time to sum up the BD5 package. I will be purchasing the short kit when Mike has it ready. Beautiful design work on a beautiful aircraft. I admire your talent.

Best regards

Stan
Nov 10, 2004, 10:23 PM
Cogito Ergo Sum
Thread OP
zipman, glad tht was cleared up for you...sorry about the confusion. sent you a pm.

Quick Reply