Aug 20, 2019, 10:49 AM
Once I managed to get into BF I just had to start messing around with things.... as one does. I managed to change the arm to a switch and and the pre-arm. Like I’ve seen several others here post, I didn’t like that arming with the throttle/yaw.

I also was messing around with the beeper. I added the beeper on a switch (that works) but now the beeper won’t go off after shut down. I also added it into the failsafe but when I tested it (turned off the tx) the beeper wouldn’t go off. Any suggestions?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2019, 04:14 PM
DIATONE M-530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allister
Once I managed to get into BF I just had to start messing around with things.... as one does. I managed to change the arm to a switch and and the pre-arm. Like Iíve seen several others here post, I didnít like that arming with the throttle/yaw.

I also was messing around with the beeper. I added the beeper on a switch (that works) but now the beeper wonít go off after shut down. I also added it into the failsafe but when I tested it (turned off the tx) the beeper wouldnít go off. Any suggestions?
Hey Allister,

In the CONFIGURATION tab in BF, in beeper configuration try to turn off the RX_LOST "switch"
Sep 03, 2019, 03:35 AM
Subbed
Sep 06, 2019, 03:55 AM
Any tips for binding the Mojo with a Spektrum DX6e and Spektrum DSMX Carbon Fuse Remote Receiver (SPM9646)?

The quick start guide mentions an auto detection but I am having no luck there. On my screen is saying "Detecting Rx... Ensure TX is on and RX is bound". The guide specially mentioned the Spektrum DX6e as the transmitter to use, so what am I missing here?
Sep 06, 2019, 10:59 AM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Did you bind the receiver to the transmitter first?
Sep 07, 2019, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rups63
Did you bind the receiver to the transmitter first?
No I am having absolutely no luck with this this. When I turn the machine on there is no lights on the receiver.

According to https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...646-Manual.pdf
4. Power on the receiver. The receiver LED flashes rapidly.

My googles is also saying "No Rx detected"

Is something incompatible here, or am I doing something compeletly wrong? Been a while sine I have flown something like this, but usually there is easier way to do this.
Last edited by what17; Sep 07, 2019 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Adding more information
Sep 08, 2019, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by what17
No I am having absolutely no luck with this this. When I turn the machine on there is no lights on the receiver.

According to https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...646-Manual.pdf
4. Power on the receiver. The receiver LED flashes rapidly.

My googles is also saying "No Rx detected"

Is something incompatible here, or am I doing something compeletly wrong? Been a while sine I have flown something like this, but usually there is easier way to do this.

That is not an auto bind receiver.

Connect that via the cable to a full-size receiver that has a satellite port. Bind your radio to the full-size receiver WITH it connected to the satellite receiver you will use in the quad, then it will work. Your satellite receiver in the quad does not look like an auto bind receiver which is your problem!
Sep 08, 2019, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftyatm
That is not an auto bind receiver.

Connect that via the cable to a full-size receiver that has a satellite port. Bind your radio to the full-size receiver WITH it connected to the satellite receiver you will use in the quad, then it will work. Your satellite receiver in the quad does not look like an auto bind receiver which is your problem!
Thanks for that. I previously sold off all of my old gear and no longer have a full-size receiver.

Should I just buy a SPM4648? https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdID=SPM4648. Says that it is auto bind.
Sep 09, 2019, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Thanks for that. I previously sold off all of my old gear and no longer have a full-size receiver.

Should I just buy a SPM4648? https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdID=SPM4648. Says that it is auto bind.
Yes! Itís cheap and works great. I just finished my vortex 230 set up. Plugged it in. Turned my radio on with a default multirotor set up and my own preferred channel assignments for flight modes and arming. I hit bind and it bound immediately.

Love the 4648.
Sep 18, 2019, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Yes! Itís cheap and works great.
Thanks. Managed to get it bound and flying today. One question after the start up, all of the lights on the back initially light up green then turn a solid red, and stay red. Is this ok? Seems to differ from what the manual says.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Thanks. Managed to get it bound and flying today. One question after the start up, all of the lights on the back initially light up green then turn a solid red, and stay red. Is this ok? Seems to differ from what the manual says.
Flight mode indicator?
Oct 13, 2019, 08:58 PM
Will these prop works for the Mojo 230?

They are AzurePower Race Propeller 5x4.5x3

All my setup are stock.

Thank you
Oscar
Oct 18, 2019, 10:06 PM

Vortex mojo crash due to failsafe?

Hi everyone,

Just started on the hobby and gotten the Mojo as my first FPV drone. Love how cool it looks!

Yesterday I had a crash (around 56-second mark) which I am not certain of the reason:

Mojo crash at Kallang Riverside Park (1 min 4 sec)

I am guessing that it is due to radio disconnection resulting in failsafe kicking in... I read in earlier posts of this thread that the Mojo may disarm during a flight from to the sticks.

Am I guessing correctly or I should investigate further?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by amokduke; Oct 19, 2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Fixed youtube video embed code
Oct 19, 2019, 10:50 AM
How far out were you? What receiver and radio?

Is it working fine now? If it is, could had been poor range and failsafe.
Oct 19, 2019, 11:56 AM
Quote:
How far out were you? What receiver and radio?

Is it working fine now? If it is, could had been poor range and failsafe.
Well, based on google maps (attached), I was only about 180m or 580ft away. I am using Spektrum DX8 Gen2 with DSMX Quad Race Serial Receiver (SPM4648).

The crash broke a propeller, and after replacing it, I was able to fly a few packs with no issue at all. I flew the Mojo closer though (<150m).

I noticed the sound of the propellers seem to change tone moments before it dives straight to the ground. Is that a tell-tale sign of the failsafe stage 1?

Quick Reply