frsky taranis binding - RC Groups
Oct 02, 2017, 11:07 AM
svc
svc
Help!

frsky taranis binding

hi guys, im new to rc heli flying. i bought frsky taranis x9d plus radio to bind with some helis by external module. First i started to fit this module in the external bay, the pins were not aligned properly and they were bend so it cracked the internal pin connector of the module...i then aligned the pins straight using screwdriver and just fit the module again properly, now all the lights blink green.. will this effect any signal from the transmitter to the heli or any kind of lag, because my throttle curve and pitch curve changed from my other radio to frsky taranis flying the same heli. any ppl know why this is happening?

-thanks
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2017, 03:18 PM
Destroyer of Threads
First off, welcome to the forum. It's always great to see new posts in the beginner helicopter section.

Are you sure you cracked a pin? Usually they break off if any type of crack develops.

Or do you mean the solder joint is cracked? Any chance you could snap a photo?

If the pin was just bent, and you carefully bent it back into place, then everything
should be fine. I've done it many times myself.

As far as switching radios, I've seen differences when switching around my transmitters before
so this might be normal.

Just adjust your curves until the response matches your old TX.
Last edited by Steve_; Oct 02, 2017 at 03:37 PM.
Oct 03, 2017, 04:42 PM
One thing you've got to remember with Taranis is that it outputs servo signals which are maybe 20% greater than other transmitters -- i.e. it drives the servos further in each direction. So it's usually recommended that you reduce each servo channel in the transmitter menu to 80% throw to make it similar to other transmitters.

I switched from Futaba to Taranis a while back, on a flybarred T-Rex 500 and fbl 500 and 550, and even after programming 80% throws, and matching my curves to what I had in the Futaba, I still had to make a few tweaks for a few flights until I got them feeling the same as before.
Oct 04, 2017, 06:37 AM
Scratch Builder
Last edited by TrooperCooper; Oct 04, 2017 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Irrelivant
Oct 05, 2017, 04:05 AM
svc
svc
thanks, the transmitter binds with most heli with the multimodule.
for some heli like walkera mini cp i guess the collective pitch and throttle speed is less using same curves than stock transmitter.
Last edited by svc; Oct 05, 2017 at 04:13 AM.