setting up gyro on 450 - RC Groups
Oct 02, 2017, 09:19 AM
Help!

setting up gyro on 450

Need help in setting up gyro on my 450 helicopter. It has a ZD720 gyro. When I spool up, the heli starts spinning. Please help
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2017, 11:12 AM
rc user
most likely your gyro direction.
but you need to verify your mechanical setup is correct too.
i suggest anyone with trouble to watch these videos:

Tail Rotor Basics Part 1 (4 min 1 sec)

Tail Rotor Basics Part 2 - Gyro Gain (7 min 32 sec)
Oct 03, 2017, 11:35 AM
hi might help to know what tx is being used
Oct 03, 2017, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdugas
hi might help to know what tx is being used
I am using ZD flyT-6A transmitter and ZD720 gyro.
Oct 03, 2017, 01:07 PM
rc user
I don't think Tx matters that much. simple PC program model or more advanced, doesn't make much difference.
he's using a simple flybar tail gyro, but still no word weather or not he tried changing gyro direction..
or watched the videos and made sure setup is correct..
Oct 03, 2017, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
I don't think Tx matters that much. simple PC program model or more advanced, doesn't make much difference.
he's using a simple flybar tail gyro, but still no word weather or not he tried changing gyro direction..
or watched the videos and made sure setup is correct..
I have seen the video, Will test the helicopter tomorrow. Direction of the servo is correct.
Oct 03, 2017, 01:31 PM
Heligamist
I usually put a little pitch in the tail blades at center stick to offset the rotational force
Oct 03, 2017, 02:14 PM
rc user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubh
I have seen the video, Will test the helicopter tomorrow. Direction of the servo is correct.
not just servo direction when you push the transmitter stick but also check compensation direction.
Oct 03, 2017, 02:15 PM
rc user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
I usually put a little pitch in the tail blades at center stick to offset the rotational force
this should be automatic if flying in HH mode.
some people mess with setting up rate mode first, that's fine if you plan to fly rate, but i just center my servo arm and pitch slider and fly HH mode.
Oct 03, 2017, 02:23 PM
Quote:
some people mess with setting up rate mode first, that's fine if you plan to fly rate, but i just center my servo arm and pitch slider and fly HH mode.
I have done some setting on the tail servo, will test tomorrow.
Oct 03, 2017, 03:03 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
Old habits are hard to break. At least I don't ever fly in "no gyro" mode like you.
Oct 03, 2017, 04:09 PM
rc user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
Old habits are hard to break. At least I don't ever fly in "no gyro" mode like you.
it will def keep you on your toes
Oct 04, 2017, 11:13 AM
hi,makes difference if you have to tell somone how to set gain to plus 70 ,if using that for starting point
Oct 04, 2017, 11:24 AM
rc user
his heli is spinning around, it's not gain related.
Oct 05, 2017, 02:18 PM
okay so I tested the heli and there is some difference, now the heli is spining very slowly, need to adjust the postion of the tail servo