setting up gyro on 450 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 02, 2017, 09:19 AM
Registered User
Help!

setting up gyro on 450


Need help in setting up gyro on my 450 helicopter. It has a ZD720 gyro. When I spool up, the heli starts spinning. Please help
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2017, 11:12 AM
rc user
most likely your gyro direction.
but you need to verify your mechanical setup is correct too.
i suggest anyone with trouble to watch these videos:

Tail Rotor Basics Part 1 (4 min 1 sec)


Tail Rotor Basics Part 2 - Gyro Gain (7 min 32 sec)
Oct 03, 2017, 11:35 AM
Registered User
hi might help to know what tx is being used
Oct 03, 2017, 01:01 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdugas
hi might help to know what tx is being used
I am using ZD flyT-6A transmitter and ZD720 gyro.
Oct 03, 2017, 01:07 PM
rc user
I don't think Tx matters that much. simple PC program model or more advanced, doesn't make much difference.
he's using a simple flybar tail gyro, but still no word weather or not he tried changing gyro direction..
or watched the videos and made sure setup is correct..
Oct 03, 2017, 01:19 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
I don't think Tx matters that much. simple PC program model or more advanced, doesn't make much difference.
he's using a simple flybar tail gyro, but still no word weather or not he tried changing gyro direction..
or watched the videos and made sure setup is correct..
I have seen the video, Will test the helicopter tomorrow. Direction of the servo is correct.
Oct 03, 2017, 01:31 PM
Heligamist
BrokeDad's Avatar
I usually put a little pitch in the tail blades at center stick to offset the rotational force
Oct 03, 2017, 02:14 PM
rc user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubh
I have seen the video, Will test the helicopter tomorrow. Direction of the servo is correct.
not just servo direction when you push the transmitter stick but also check compensation direction.
Oct 03, 2017, 02:15 PM
rc user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
I usually put a little pitch in the tail blades at center stick to offset the rotational force
this should be automatic if flying in HH mode.
some people mess with setting up rate mode first, that's fine if you plan to fly rate, but i just center my servo arm and pitch slider and fly HH mode.
Oct 03, 2017, 02:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
this should be automatic if flying in HH mode.
some people mess with setting up rate mode first, that's fine if you plan to fly rate, but i just center my servo arm and pitch slider and fly HH mode.
I have done some setting on the tail servo, will test tomorrow.
Oct 03, 2017, 03:03 PM
Heligamist
BrokeDad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
this should be automatic if flying in HH mode.
some people mess with setting up rate mode first, that's fine if you plan to fly rate, but i just center my servo arm and pitch slider and fly HH mode.
Old habits are hard to break. At least I don't ever fly in "no gyro" mode like you.
Oct 03, 2017, 04:09 PM
rc user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
Old habits are hard to break. At least I don't ever fly in "no gyro" mode like you.
it will def keep you on your toes
Oct 04, 2017, 11:13 AM
Registered User
hi,makes difference if you have to tell somone how to set gain to plus 70 ,if using that for starting point
Oct 04, 2017, 11:24 AM
rc user
his heli is spinning around, it's not gain related.
Oct 05, 2017, 02:18 PM
Registered User
okay so I tested the heli and there is some difference, now the heli is spining very slowly, need to adjust the postion of the tail servo


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Newbie need help setting up a QQ flite controler on a 450 qud leftys81 Beginner Multirotor Drones 0 Jul 18, 2016 03:19 PM
Discussion Hobby Eagle A3L Gyro Set Up MIGPILOT44 Flight Accessories 0 Apr 27, 2016 07:03 PM
Question 3gx gyro mixing set up Tech9 3D Electric Heli Flying 6 Nov 23, 2015 12:36 PM
Help! Setting up CSM SL420 Gyro on Trex 450 spityman Mini Helis 0 Mar 29, 2009 10:58 PM
Help setting up Ikarus Micro Gyro on Hummingbird WeatherB Micro Helis 2 Dec 27, 2004 04:03 PM