Merica FPV Frames - Catalyst Machineworks - Page 5 - RC Groups
Nov 14, 2017, 10:43 PM
And You're Not
Red Merica mock up, doing a Blue Merica with red motors next.

Edit: Man, this thing is tight. I'm running a de-cased Futaba R6303SB RX and that takes up the entire hole in the top plate, no room for VTX there, and my RDQ Mach 1 will just barely squeeze into the pod above the FC. Should work if I can get the wires to it, and put a longer SMA pigtail on it.

Last edited by Jeffery; Nov 16, 2017 at 02:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Yesterday, 08:48 PM
And You're Not
It has flown. Merica, ---- Yeah!

Ghetto rigged the FPV antenna for now. In my wisdom, I put the battery connection in the back and that's right in the way of where the SMA connector goes. It's OK for now, a hard topside crash will not be kind to it, but I wanted to at least fly the thing around under the yard lights tonight. Don't have the cross brace in, or the motor screws Loctited, or a pad above the battery, but...

Man it's peppy! Just DAL 5040V2 because I have a bushel basket of them and who knows what a maiden will bring. After flying the Chameleon, it really floats back down after a punch, and climbs very easily. The Futaba antennas are so long I mounted them via zip ties which is just my go to way, Norris and Chameleon are the same (I'll get pics of the Norris up soon, bum FC put a set back on that build, so I whipped this up in the mean time).

Airbot Omnibus F4 Pro BF 3.2.1
Airbot Typhoon 32 4 in 1 BLHeli32, still 32.2/DSHOT600
Brother Hobby R5 2207 2400
Futaba R6303SB RX
RDQ Mach 1 VTX (Soon to be Mach 2, the Mach 2 came out right as I was soldering this one up, evidently)
Foxeer Arrow Micro
TBS antenna
Revolectrix 420 GO 4S 1350 I'll probably try some different packs in the spring, I'm not buying any more packs right now.

Next up after Norris is Blue Merica with the R5 2306 2450s, everything else pretty much the same. I'll probably look into those Mayday canopies, just a couple CCs of more volume would really help with these components.

Flew right off the board, the area under the yard light isn't big enough to do much power maneuvers except a short vertical punch, but no indication anything was wrong. Motors cool after a couple minutes of putzing around. Supposed to be cooler but calmer tomorrow, looking forward to flying it see if I can disable any gyro notches.

Latest blog entry: My Quad