Merica FPV Frames - Catalyst Machineworks - Page 4 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 24, 2017, 12:51 PM
Registered User
flydynamics's Avatar
Merica 4 - Vid coming soon
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2017, 08:39 PM
JefFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalbob
Does and emax magnum fit under the pod?

I ordred the 5 inch and cznt wait to start the build
Unless you can split the stack I can't see it working. Never had a Magnum but from what I see they're meant to be stacked.
Nov 02, 2017, 08:52 PM
And You're Not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalystmachine
The Merica is designed to split up the FC from the ESC. Here is the manual. You might want to join our facebook group and ask if anyone has used that Magnum on it before.

Our FB group is actually where the bulk of conversation around our machines happens.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1161267180583986/

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/17...30611061965122
I ain't got no Facebook, and you ain't got no 5" Mericas

I got a Norris, but I'll bag a Merica when they are back in stock.

Looks like they're back! Got one coming.
Last edited by Jeffery; Nov 03, 2017 at 07:03 PM.
Nov 14, 2017, 08:50 AM
Registered User
Where are the arm braces on the catalyst machine works website?
Nov 14, 2017, 09:04 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflikesdrones
Where are the arm braces on the catalyst machine works website?
https://www.catalystmachineworks.com...=1568634830872
Nov 14, 2017, 09:15 AM
Registered User
Catalystmachine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by downloader9
They will be in stock early next week.
Nov 14, 2017, 09:16 AM
Registered User
Catalystmachine's Avatar
So here are some pics of a prototype "Mayday" Merica canopy we are testing. This one is Nylon dyed blue with Rit dye. The fit is perfect and I think it looks badass. My objective with this canopy is better aero and better camera protection. The TPU canopy in some rare crashes can damage your camera due to flexing on the sidewalls. A more rigid material like Nylon greatly reduces that flexing during a head on crash so the forces from the crash bypass the camera. The downside of this new canopy is its heavier than the original by 3g.

Okay time to go crash this thing.
Nov 14, 2017, 10:31 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalystmachine
So here are some pics of a prototype "Mayday" Merica canopy we are testing. This one is Nylon dyed blue with Rit dye. The fit is perfect and I think it looks badass. My objective with this canopy is better aero and better camera protection. The TPU canopy in some rare crashes can damage your camera due to flexing on the sidewalls. A more rigid material like Nylon greatly reduces that flexing during a head on crash so the forces from the crash bypass the camera. The downside of this new canopy is its heavier than the original by 3g.

Okay time to go crash this thing.
Nice!! When can we expect to buy one of these? Looks like it might fit the runcam split?
Nov 14, 2017, 11:26 AM
Registered User
Catalystmachine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbh8er
Nice!! When can we expect to buy one of these? Looks like it might fit the runcam split?
Well I am crash testing it this week so hoping to get a batch printing next week. We are developing a version of this canopy for the split V2,

MERICA HD CANOPY (RUNCAM SPLIT) (3 min 48 sec)
Nov 14, 2017, 11:54 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
xanuser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalystmachine
You might want to join our facebook group and ask...

Our FB group is actually where the bulk of conversation around our machines happens.
ugg. that really is a shame. so if we buy this we're basically SOL on support without FB?
Nov 14, 2017, 11:59 AM
Registered User
Catalystmachine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
ugg. that really is a shame. so if we buy this we're basically SOL on support without FB?
Absolutely not. Post here or for fast help email info@catalystmachineworks.com. You don't have to be on FB to get support.
Nov 14, 2017, 12:20 PM
Registered User
I bought the 5" 'Merica... I have a few racers including the SL5v2, and I have to say this is the best racing frame I have! On Raceflight 274 it is on rails with no tuning what so ever!

I'm thinking of going with the 4" version.

What motors are recommended? I have both BrotherHobby 1407 1306kV and PitchRollYaw 1407 3000kV. Or are the light 2204 motors a better fit?
Nov 14, 2017, 12:28 PM
Registered User
Catalystmachine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mull3t
I bought the 5" 'Merica... I have a few racers including the SL5v2, and I have to say this is the best racing frame I have! On Raceflight 274 it is on rails with no tuning what so ever!

I'm thinking of going with the 4" version.

What motors are recommended? I have both BrotherHobby 1407 1306kV and PitchRollYaw 1407 3000kV. Or are the light 2204 motors a better fit?
Glad you like it!

on a 4" I would go with 1407 motors. The 4" arms will only fit m2 screws anyways...KV choice really depends on you and what prop you want to run. I have had great success with kingkong 4045 two blade on 1407-3600kv. For a tri blade prop I would go lower in kv. Maybe those 3000kv for higher pitch tri blade.
Nov 14, 2017, 12:35 PM
And You're Not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalystmachine
Absolutely not. Post here or for fast help email info@catalystmachineworks.com. You don't have to be on FB to get support.
Or use the little "Message Us" tab that pops up on the bottom of the page, I got very fast response with a change I wanted to make on my order, and I'm not on Facebook.
Latest blog entry: My Quad
Nov 14, 2017, 02:13 PM
Registered User
Gaz-b's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalystmachine
Well I am crash testing it this week so hoping to get a batch printing next week. We are developing a version of this canopy for the split V2,

https://youtu.be/1zEFieCBGLg
Because of this canopy I have been talking to Runcam I think I got the comedy dept.

Gary Boulter
I see you have addressed many of the shortcomings in the original split with the exception of the main one that has stopped me purchasing the original and that's not having 16:9 available on the live feed. Will there be an option of firmware update that allows 16:9 on the FPV feed you have had it on some of the other cameras for a while. Even if it meant flashing a different firmware I think you would find many would want it. Wide screen goggles are becoming more and more popular.

RunCam Support (Customer Services)
Split 2's live feed is 4:3 / 16:9 auto-adaptable.

Gary Boulter
Sorry I have worked in tv for many years and as there is no feedback from the goggles to rx and also none from the rx to tx how does the camera know what aspect ratio is being viewed.

RunCam Support (Customer Services)
If your goggles is 16:9, the image will stretch automatically to fit your goggle screen.

Gary Boulter
Sorry I'm struggling to believe that you have actually said that that's not a 16:9 aspect image that's a 4:3 image stretched to fill the screen I'm talking about a native 16:9 image same as is recorded on the sd card. If the question is too technical for you please refer my question to others more qualified to respond


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review Speed Addict Fearless Edition from Catalyst Machineworks flydynamics Mini Multirotor Drones 14 Feb 21, 2016 08:09 PM
New Product FPV PRO Power Distribution Board - Catalyst Machineworks Catalystmachine Multirotor Drone Electronics 3 Jan 11, 2016 05:16 PM
Cool SmoothFPV Joins the Catalyst Machineworks Team! Catalystmachine Mini Multirotor Drones 0 Dec 29, 2015 09:52 AM
New Product ReadyMadeRC and Catalyst Machineworks are teaming up! Catalystmachine Mini Multirotor Drones 3 Nov 05, 2015 07:42 AM
Mini-Review Catalyst Machineworks Gimbal for a Red Epic fpmurphy Scratchbuilt Multirotor Drones 0 Feb 15, 2015 06:35 PM