Electronic Pre-rotation System (EPS) - RC Groups
Oct 02, 2017, 04:34 AM
Discussion

Electronic Pre-rotation System (EPS)

Who supplies EPS systems and how do they work?

If they work by sensing the lower end of the throttle movement and disengage at takeoff throttle setting, do they automatically start again to assist landing?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2017, 04:58 AM
I'm pretty sure that most units would be scratch built using heli gears and shafts...that are manually started prior to flight...and turned off just prior to lift off....but why would you ever require to start again for landing ???
If the rotor stops in flight ....your in big trouble
Happy landings
Chris...
Oct 02, 2017, 07:12 AM

EPS (Electronic Pre-rotation System)

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz
I'm pretty sure that most units would be scratch built using heli gears and shafts...that are manually started prior to flight...and turned off just prior to lift off....but why would you ever require to start again for landing ???
If the rotor stops in flight ....your in big trouble
Happy landings
Chris...
The GyrOne assembly manual has a picture of an electronic gizmo that is called an EPS (Electronic Pre-rotation System).
The photo of parts seems to show a circuit board, disc and a magnetic/photo-optic sensor.

So I can only assume it is an addition to the manually (via TX switch) activated electric motor pre-rotation.
Last edited by TrueBuld; Oct 02, 2017 at 07:19 AM.
Oct 02, 2017, 08:02 PM
If you question was in relation to the Gyro One.....then possibly you could have mentioned it.
I presumed it was a general question.
Chris...
Oct 03, 2017, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBuld
The GyrOne assembly manual has a picture of an electronic gizmo that is called an EPS (Electronic Pre-rotation System).
The photo of parts seems to show a circuit board, disc and a magnetic/photo-optic sensor.

So I can only assume it is an addition to the manually (via TX switch) activated electric motor pre-rotation.
I believe the EPS system was a visual indication with lights to show the rotor was up to speed
I will try to find out more info
Joe
Last edited by Jockadopolus; Oct 03, 2017 at 12:30 AM. Reason: add photos
Oct 03, 2017, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz
If you question was in relation to the Gyro One.....then possibly you could have mentioned it.
I presumed it was a general question.
Chris...
It was a general question, and I was mindful that stating one specific model would narrow the discussion.