Aug 17, 2018, 04:59 PM
Cool. I would say it s bug too.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2018, 08:41 AM
Ok just updated the firmware to 2.01 with a ciu-3 cable. Unfortunately my servo reverse menu is still scrambled after the update. Again, this is only when a wing type other than 1 aileron is selected.

Can anyone with V2 software cross check me on this? Maybe it's a v2 bug and not specific to my tx but rather the firmware itself.
Jul 29, 2019, 04:20 PM
Lookin' up at the centerline
Thread OP
Here's a followup to the original post.
We're about three months shy of the two year anniversary of my 6k purchase. (version 2.01)
We've flown 4 quarter scale nitro powered aircraft with it and have had 100% reliable control.
No glitches.
To be fair to the Spectrum 7 ch tx, we've had no more trouble from it either since we quit using it in nitro powered ships.
It has been at 100% reliability in the electric powered aircraft we fly.

but I have been having one small problem with the Futaba tx...
I recently switched engines in my Stampe bipe and the throttle throw is a bit shorter than before.
I thought I'd just adjust the end point of the throttle channel and be done with it, but it's acting kinda weird.
The barrel follows the stick until it gets to the end point I want then the servo stops but the stick still has 5 or 6 clicks before hitting bottom.
Also the throttle trim doesn't change the idle speed, which needs adjusting as the fuel level runs down. I have the trim in both alt and norm settings with no difference.
I finally got close to what I wanted by adjusting the throttle curve at the bottom up to about 27%, but it bugs me why I can't just use the end point adjust and still use the trim lever for fine tuning at the field.

Anybody been through this before?

Nick
Jul 30, 2019, 12:58 AM
Julian T
I don't have the 6K but I assume it's the same as other Futaba txs. It sounds as if you have adjusted the limit but not the end point. Limit controls how far a servo will travel with main input and any mixed inputs added together. End point will control how far the servo will travel with just the primary control input, and crucially servo travel and stick travel are aligned (taking into account expo and curves if assigned). If limit is less than end point you will get the result you are seeing.

Your trim probably isn't working because you are trying to trim beyond the limit value you have set.

Julian
Last edited by juliant; Jul 30, 2019 at 01:05 AM.
Jul 30, 2019, 10:32 AM
I have two issues with my T6K with V2 software, if you could help me. And, I will be the first to admit that I am just now getting used to the finer nuances of 2.4 GHz operation!

First: Was the V2.1 Firmware upgrade worthwhile or did it just fix a few meaningless bugs (yes, I also have that Reverse window issue, for the record). I don't really want to spend $50 to get a PC interface unless there is some real merit to the upgrade. I presume that the $50 CIU-3 is required, and that there is no work-around circuit for it.....

Secondly, I have a R3008SB Receiver, T-FHSS Air. I seem to have gotten it paired to the T6K (somehow) but none of the channels respond when I plug a servo in. Did I screw something up in the Menu or do I have a bad Rx.

Thanks for any help that you can shed on these two issues.
Jul 30, 2019, 03:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliant
I don't have the 6K but I assume it's the same as other Futaba txs. It sounds as if you have adjusted the limit but not the end point.
Julian
Thanks for your thoughts.
I searched the manual and only found settings for subtrim, trim and endpoints. No mention of limits settings in the manual or google search.
Maybe I can get in touch with a Futaba rep....
Jul 30, 2019, 03:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1EDM
I have a R3008SB Receiver, T-FHSS Air. I seem to have gotten it paired to the T6K
You're getting a green light on the rx?
Jul 30, 2019, 04:35 PM
Yup, I am getting the green light and a number shows in the Index. The battery is plugged into Channel 7 where it's supposed to be. Battery is charged. The Receiver callout is for a T-FHSS Air (or else I could not have gotten it to bind in the first place.)

I was curious if I had missed some other setting in the setup menu (unlikely) but I thought that I would ask. Other receivers work fine there. I have also reset the channel.

Any thoughts anyone has would be appreciated. Has anyone specifically bound a R3008SB to the 6K?

Bob
Jul 31, 2019, 10:59 AM
Julian T
Quote:
Originally Posted by taildragger1589
Thanks for your thoughts.
I searched the manual and only found settings for subtrim, trim and endpoints. No mention of limits settings in the manual or google search.
Maybe I can get in touch with a Futaba rep....
I downloaded the manual and it looks like you are right taildragger. Sorry for the misinfo. I am not sure what is causing the problem then, unless it is the dual rate function which is set to a higher end point than the ATV allows..

Julian
Jul 31, 2019, 12:01 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for trying.
I don't use dual rates, rarely exponential, never on throttle.
I sent an email to Futabausa.com (Horizon doesn't handle futaba questions anymore)
I'll report back if they're any help.
Not that it's a big deal, I could just take the stampe apart and redo the throttle from the servo end. I have sliding servo arms for precise throw adjustments. but it's such a pain since the throttle servo is buried and hard to reach.
plus the aggravation that the endpoint is supposed to be easy to set.

Ah well,
Later
Nov 03, 2019, 09:49 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
I own both the T6K and a FS-i6.
With the FS-i6, when I change from model A linked to receiver A to model B linked to receiver B, receiver A will not respond.
With the T6K, when I change from model A linked to receiver A to model B linked to receiver B, both receiver B and A respond.
This means if I use model B, but forget to change the transmitter from A to B, I am using settings for model A with model B.
Yes I have gone through the Link process on the T6K .

How can I prevent the mistake of using the wrong model selected?

The FS is a no brainer, the wrong model just will not respond.
Last edited by RCLaser03; Dec 09, 2019 at 11:34 PM.
Nov 04, 2019, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser03
How can I prevent the mistake of using the wrong model selected?
There is 2 ways:

1.- Using different modulation receivers for each model (for example, model A with T-FHSS and model B with S-FHSS).

2.- Second does not exclude first one: confirming on the screen the selected model before flying!

Futaba radios do not include model-receiver link feature, but just transmitter-receiver one. Only new ultra top level 32MZ includes this feature and then only with FASSTest receivers.

Best Regards.
Nov 08, 2019, 10:37 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescardin
There is 2 ways:

1.- Using different modulation receivers for each model (for example, model A with T-FHSS and model B with S-FHSS).

2.- Second does not exclude first one: confirming on the screen the selected model before flying!

Futaba radios do not include model-receiver link feature, but just transmitter-receiver one. Only new ultra top level 32MZ includes this feature and then only with FASSTest receivers.

Best Regards.
Amazing, the $50 FS-i6 includes this feature.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Feb 17, 2020, 08:24 AM

Telemetry or not

I have three T6K sets, the latest a V2, that I use with several different racing yachts. I know that 2.4 G systems do not like water or carbon fibre.

Using the T-FHSS receivers I seem to have range issues at around 50 metres. The telemetry shows steady receiver voltage at 5.4 volts but the servos stop responding. The S-FHSS receivers in identical installations seem to give a rock solid link.

Does anyone else have similar experiences?

I should point out that I install the antennae at 90 degrees as recommended and they are attached to a carbon free patch in the deck to reduce masking effects.

Jerry
Feb 17, 2020, 11:32 AM
Julian T
Strange and interesting that S-FHSS is ok but T-FHSS isn't. I have no experience over water but if you have a lot of carbon around I would get your aerials as far above deck as feasible - if feasible.

Quick Reply