Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 08, 2004, 07:08 PM
Cool

Quiet Storm: Post your Info here

As I sit here salivating with anticipation, I decided to create this thread for anyone to post information to...(hint Josh ).

I noticed today that Chief RC lists the QS on their website. I called customer assistance and asked if it was available, they replied not yet but maybe by the end of the month.

I noticed in another thread that Josh has now flown the QS and will be posting a video soon. I did not want to hijack that thread so please post it here Josh.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2004, 10:30 PM
http://www.fliton.com/new_english/movie/QuietStorm.wmv

Ok now.

It was really windy, and I had this is Maiden through 4 flights on the airplane. I was scared to get it too low in the wind, and Hadnt had much time on it in the 4 flights it had. So the video is really crappy in my oppinion but it gives you a taste of how good it flies, even in heavy wind.

Enjoy,

Josh
Nov 09, 2004, 02:31 AM
Nice video,
So whats the power system?
When will they be available?
Rickc
Nov 09, 2004, 07:49 AM

Quiet Storm

Hello Josh,

I have the Quiet Storm : it is a very very nice plane,but it is little bit heavy for me! I don't know what power system will work better in this plane...

Thank you from italy (very nice video ..Molto bello)

Last edited by Exmabol; Nov 09, 2004 at 07:52 AM.
Nov 09, 2004, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the video Josh!

Don't sell yourself or the QS short, your flights looked very smooth for a 20 oz plane in strong winds. Just how windy was it, and did you go with a larger lipo for added ballast?

Are the standard gear plastic or CF?

@Exmabol - How heavy is yours? What is your setup?

Leave it to Fliton to make a forty year old sound like a kid in the candy shop

Steve
Nov 09, 2004, 08:47 AM

Quiet storm

Hello
Last edited by Exmabol; Nov 09, 2004 at 09:46 AM.
Nov 09, 2004, 09:38 AM
Yes the Quiet Storm is Very light. Amazing its lighter than the JJ, and it has a built up turtle deck and rounded fuse bottom.

The gear are injection molded plastic, but look every bit as good as carbon, with the Fliton logo impressed into the gear on each side.

I dont have any scales right now as I said in the JJ thread, because the ones we had where in our house that burned down earlier in the year. But mine feels like about 14oz without battery. Im using an Apogee 2150 3s2p Lipo pack. I used a stick mount, and the Stick mount kind of eats up your area to mount a battery. So I made a carbon fiber battery mount that sits above the stick mount, but still clears the cowling and canopy. It works well and CG's spot on

Im using the Long can 4200 Himax for power with a E-flight 12x6 prop, its all I had at the time, I would perfer like a 10x7 APC.

I will keep you guys updated on the release date. The plane flies beyond words. Just wait until you get one.

Josh
Nov 09, 2004, 09:40 AM
No ballast, same packs. It was 15 with gusts of 18. Not to mention people run accross that park with there dogs so getting low in manuevers that eat up a lot of space ( slow rolls, rolling circles, knifedge circles) is nerve wreaking.

Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchim
Thanks for the video Josh!

Don't sell yourself or the QS short, your flights looked very smooth for a 20 oz plane in strong winds. Just how windy was it, and did you go with a larger lipo for added ballast?

Are the standard gear plastic or CF?

@Exmabol - How heavy is yours? What is your setup?

Leave it to Fliton to make a forty year old sound like a kid in the candy shop

Steve
Nov 09, 2004, 11:34 AM
Head...Paper...Now!
Great Vid Josh!! The music got the tears flowing, making me want to cry out "Freedom!"

This is one I'll have to get!!

John
Nov 09, 2004, 03:06 PM
2018 EDF Jet Jam June 14-17
I just ordered mine and a B20 to go with it. It appears that it has plug in wings? I will also use the apogee batteries. I should have it ready to go by the weekend.
Bob
Nov 09, 2004, 04:39 PM
Pro Bro 1488
In the video, what gear ratio are you running the himax through? It's the 2025 4200 motor, right? Was there a stick mount with the kit or did you make your own?

Also, what servos are you using?

I can't wait for mine to get here!!

BB
Nov 09, 2004, 05:16 PM
Just love the look of fliton planes, they're sure hard to beat. Very nice construction.
Nov 09, 2004, 05:48 PM
Hey... watch this...
Josh what gearbox are you using with that 4200?

Mike
Nov 09, 2004, 06:35 PM
6.6 Himax Alluminum gearbox.

The wings arent plug in but could be modified to be.

I used HS-55 servos which work perfect, but, one might use HS-56's for a little more speed.

Josh
Nov 09, 2004, 06:53 PM
Bob, where did you order the QS from?

Quick Reply