WL toys V912 / 913 - RC Groups
Sep 30, 2017, 09:00 PM
Discussion

WL toys V912 / 913

Hi all, looking to get into electric heli's. Being flying drones fo a little while, and have had some early heli experience with coaxial but found them to be very easy to get tired of to be honest. Being thinking of the WL TOYS V912 OR V913, THE 913 being a larger unit, both flybar as you would know, but single blades. These two units seem good value for money, as I dont wish to spend lots after buying a Phantom drone. lol Also fly fixed wing electrics.......and boats also. Maybe the ''Toy'' part of the brand suits well, but any advice would be well received. Regards. Geoff
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2017, 07:09 AM
Flying a Falcon or a 3D plane.
They fly a lot better then coaxial in light winds but they are slower, take less wind, weaker, less stable then a drone of the same size.
Oct 01, 2017, 09:39 AM
My first heli was v913, and it was a good intro heli for me. Now its collecting dust, i not fly it after getting into real cp helis, but it was a good beginner heli. Its also very crash resistant..

BA
Oct 01, 2017, 10:26 AM
Vintage Heli Flyer.
I have a V912 which is now nearly 5 yrs old, still on the original set of blades. It's a cracking little machine and perfect for a beginner.

They are pretty tough little birds and spares are easily available. These Helis are now pretty cheap to buy compared to when they first came out so that is a big plus factor. They've also had a few upgrades since the early models so again that is another bonus.

As mentioned above, they don't like strong winds but as you are going for the V913 you may fare a little better due to the slight extra weight with it being a bigger machine.

I normally fly 600 / 700 size scale machines and only bought my V912 for a bit of fun, it certainly hasn't disappointed so far.

Mark
Oct 01, 2017, 10:30 AM
Heligamist
My advice is buy them (V911/V912) cheap, don't add bling, and when one breaks you can't fix with glue buy another and make it parts.
Oct 01, 2017, 05:20 PM
Thanks to all. Will go for the V913 due to the fact Bangood have it at the moment for $121 AUD, 35%off. Works out that it is only a couple of bucks more than the V912, and I would think the larger one would be more stable, probably slower, yes, but that's not an issue for me.
Oct 02, 2017, 05:27 PM

V912 versus V913

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobee
Thanks to all. Will go for the V913 due to the fact Bangood have it at the moment for $121 AUD, 35%off. Works out that it is only a couple of bucks more than the V912, and I would think the larger one would be more stable, probably slower, yes, but that's not an issue for me.
I love all my V91* series. The V913 looks good in the sky, easy to see, BUT it will very easily loft up and be gone in a gust of wind. I nearly lost mine on more than one occasion. The V912 is more nimble, a bit better in the wind, more fun to fly. The V911 is a blast to thrash round the house, nearly unbreakable. My choice would be the V912 brushless, main motor will outlast the brushed one many times over, stronger tail motor, so more power to get out of trouble. Many mods to do, carbon fibre tail boom, lightened flybar, trimmed blades, turbo switch on TX, lots of info in the 912 thread. I have just got one to add to the others, but far too windy to fly. Steve.
Oct 06, 2017, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geobee
NO, NO, NO, DO NOT BUY THE V913!!!

The 912 is the better heli by a very long way, I own both and the 913 is not worth it, I got one after my 912 and was hugely disappointed with it and after flying it 4 times its sat gathering dust ever since.

Also, the main motor gear will strip every single time you so much as clip a feather drifting through the air.

The 912 is much faster, much more responsive and much stronger!

The 913 wants to fall over in banked turns, it will get in to one ok but then can't fight the flybar and pulls itself over and crashes.

I have a 912 that's totally brushless, main and tail and I could fly that round a circuit 3x in the time it would take me to get the 913 round it once!

The only thing the 913 does well is hover on the spot, everything else is like it has a hangover lol

Trust me, stay away and get the 912 instead and put the 913 1500may battery in it, they will fit (just) and will give greatly increased flight times.
Oct 06, 2017, 11:16 PM
Destroyer of Threads
The V913 can be fun, but it has to be perfectly set up, with full travel on the servos and slightly nose heavy CG.

And stay out of the wind.

The V912 is a better flying heli for sure, but the size of the V913 adds some excitement.
Oct 14, 2017, 12:10 AM

V912/913

Hi all, purchased the 913, but reading your advice, decided to also get a 912. The 913 hasn't arrived as yet either, so may just keep it for looks on the shelf. The 912's must be very popular as Bangood is out of all the versions. Some on ebay, such as Tomtop etc who sometimes can be hit and miss with delivery times promised. Will get the brushless version for sure, and also the tail motor upgrade to brushless at the same time, before it goes in the air. Will advise how things go. If anyone knows a hint on who may have stock at the moment, that would be good. In Australia here, but prepared to purchase from os.
Oct 14, 2017, 12:28 AM
Save your money for the next step heli if you already ordered the v913..

BA
Oct 14, 2017, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Angel
Save your money for the next step heli if you already ordered the v913..

BA
Hi there, what would the next step be in your opinion? Regards. Geoff
Oct 14, 2017, 04:04 AM
Hi geobee

If i was started over now and in your shoes i got a align 470 as next... you get it in different versions, and just as kit with motor or as combo. Its direct belt driven, who is best for a beginner compared to TT. If you have some rc experience a 500 could be a good next step too. you get great deals on used Protos 500.

BA
Last edited by Black_Angel; Oct 14, 2017 at 04:34 AM.
Oct 14, 2017, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Angel
Hi geobee

If i was started over now and in your shoes i got a align 470 as next... you get it in different versions, and just as kit with motor or as combo. Its direct belt driven, who is best for a beginner compared to TT. If you have some rc experience a 500 could be a good next step too. you get great deals on used Protos 500.

BA
Yes, all nice units I see, but my budget wont stretch that far I'm afraid.
Oct 14, 2017, 05:14 AM
then a second hand 450 could be a good option...my first cp heli was Copterx 450 BA, kit was $99 at BG ( Costed me $300 when ready to fly). Or wait for some bargain deal to show up, like XFX500 at $40

BA