Sep 30, 2017, 06:25 PM
F18F AV8TR
Thread OP
Help!

Airtronics Stylus Radio Internal memory

Hi All,

I buddy of mine is still flying on 72mHz Airtronics Stylus radio and he recently swapped out the Tx battery for a new one since his Tx has been sitting for at least 3 to 4 years. He was hoping to get back into flying but noticed his internal model memory was lost!?

Does anyone know if there is an internal battery that should be changed out so he will have the internal Tx memory working once again!? Any instructions on the web that someone can provide a link? He didn't have the 50 Model memory card so he lost all his model's programs and now has to start from scratch to reprogram his models.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Don
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2017, 07:55 PM
Your best results would be with Tony Stillman at Radio South. He has serviced several of my antique JR radios.

Denny

http://radiosouthrc.com/
Sep 30, 2017, 10:06 PM
I don't know about the Stylus but my older JR radios have a lithium button cell to maintain the memory if the NiCad is dead or removed. When that cell runs down, you lose the programming - and the calibrations. I have replace them myself on three old radios. The newer JR radios have flash memory and no button cell battery to go bad on you.
Oct 01, 2017, 12:05 AM
Posted a link to instructions on your other thread.....

Quick Reply