More bad press - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 30, 2017, 04:18 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Discussion

More bad press

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...rainbow&wpmm=1
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2017, 05:14 PM
I miss President Reagan
Heh! Heh! Heh!

Regardless what people here may think. Seems the government is convinced it doesn't take much of a drone to carry a sufficiently harmful payload to cause considerable concern on the Hill.

Somewhere in there I believe I have an "I told you so!"
Sep 30, 2017, 05:43 PM
Gene Simmons for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK001
Heh! Heh! Heh!

Regardless what people here may think. Seems the government is convinced it doesn't take much of a drone to carry a sufficiently harmful payload to cause considerable concern on the Hill.

Somewhere in there I believe I have an "I told you so!"
[sarcasm] but with registration no one will do anything wrong with drones[/sarcasm]

I told you so
Oct 01, 2017, 02:01 PM
There are many more efficient ways to cause destruction and havoc than using a hobby or even small "commercial" drone. For instance, a mortar (even homemade) in the back of a delivery truck (demonstrated by the IRA) is much more effective if used correctly. You'd be able to get off a couple dozen rounds before anybody figured out what was going on and made an effort to stop you.

Then they'd have to ban delivery trucks and register all users of steel tubing.

(I'm sure terrorists have access to the necessary military hardware.)
Oct 01, 2017, 10:34 PM
Here to just enjoy the hobby
Aren't they doing just fine with cars and trucks running over people? Bombs in public transportation and airport, train terminals?
Is it really likely they will use something so limited as a small aerial device when other means are so effective?
Oct 02, 2017, 01:37 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea
Aren't they doing just fine with cars and trucks running over people? Bombs in public transportation and airport, train terminals?
Is it really likely they will use something so limited as a small aerial device when other means are so effective?
Events in Las Vegas suggest that there are far more dangerous objects readily available in our society than drones.
Oct 02, 2017, 03:04 PM
What does this button do?
Ain't that the truth...again.
Oct 02, 2017, 03:12 PM
I miss President Reagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
Events in Las Vegas suggest that there are far more dangerous objects readily available in our society than drones.
Heh! Heh! Yeah! Don't know if it's true but one report I saw said he was a registered Democrat!
Oct 02, 2017, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
But will anything be done to change the laws on gun ownership or access to weapons?

Of course not. Congress is too focused on the drone problem.
Oct 02, 2017, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Heh! Heh! Yeah! Don't know if it's true but one report I saw said he was a registered Democrat!
If that matters to you then you have other issues. And you laugh. A crap load of people are dead...not by hobby aircraft.
Oct 02, 2017, 04:13 PM
I miss President Reagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by z10user
If that matters to you then you have other issues. And you laugh. A crap load of people are dead...not by hobby aircraft.
Guns and other, as you put it "Objects" are not the threat. People are! People are the most dangerous single thing on this planet. And how do you propose we curb that threat?
Oct 02, 2017, 04:33 PM
I added the little extra bit for the forum content concept. Not that it's entirely necessary in this thread.
Oct 02, 2017, 06:37 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
His brother said he had no political affiliation. What we KNOW is that he was an older, rural white male with a large gun collection.

Maybe he just didn't like country music.
Oct 02, 2017, 06:49 PM
Gene Simmons for President
Quote:
Guns and other, as you put it "Objects" are not the threat. People are! People are the most dangerous single thing on this planet. And how do you propose we curb that threat?
One sided reporting and hype is a big issue no matter what they are discussing.The biggest threat to our safety right now is the media and the liberals who want to dismantle the constitution and will use stuff like this to accomplish it. So yes people are the single most dangerous thing,lets outlaw liberals.

Quote:
Maybe he just didn't like country music.
Maybe, but more like he was shooting at a drone that was flying where it wasn't supposed to fly.
Oct 02, 2017, 07:07 PM
The WaPo is now owned by Jeff Bezos of Amazon. However, anything the WaPo prints should be held as suspect. In fact no one should believe anything the WaPo, NYT or any other paper prints as truth or factual.
Between the WaPo and NYT the competition as to who prints the most b.s. is becoming tiresome. Both rags aren't suitable for wrapping dead fish in.